MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/29/2008 01:49 PM

fear and panic

greglitt
greglitt  

I try to describe to the people around me the sense of fear that I live with. At work I use to be the go to guy. The guy that could fix anything.I preferred to work alone as well. Now I fear being put in a situation by myself. The problems I once could solve now scare me to death. I'm worried for my job and family.

03/29/2008 02:10 PM
southern10
southern10  
VIP Member

Hello greg..sounds like you are having panic attacks... I get those sometimes and the dr put me on a mild sedative as needed... Let your pdoc know about this...We are here and your not alone...Hugs

03/29/2008 04:33 PM
Gypsy
Gypsy  

Hi Greg,

I had that when, before I got on meds. I wouldn't leave the house. I wouldn't walk down the street. I used to be a very social person befor that. I was a taxi driver, god forbid!! I was put on Ativan first, and then, they gave me Buspar. It also improved, when they put me on Lithium.

For some reason mood stablizers make me very anxious. Lamictal helped with this, too.

03/29/2008 06:41 PM
carmen33
carmen33  
VIP Member

See your doctor Greg, that is the best thing you can do, therapy will help with the rest, talk it through.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved