MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
06/19/2009 03:03 PM

Hi! I am new to this site

SandiJ
SandiJ  

I have been diagnosed as bipolar for almost 20 years, and it has not been an easy journey finding the right mix of medications. I am hoping this site will be a good support to me, and that I can be supportive of other people. My family has had a hard time dealing with my mood swings, and because I lived far away from them would hang up on me, because they could not deal with me.Blink

06/19/2009 03:44 PM
Tabbybp
Tabbybp  

Hello and welcome Sandi, I am new here too and the people seem really nice and supportive. Its so hard having family that are not supportive, isn't it. I wish my family could get training in how to support me best when I am ill. They just don't want to know or they get angry as if its my fault. You deserve love and support and I hope you can find good support people outside of your family.

06/19/2009 03:57 PM
SandiJ
SandiJ  

Hi! Tabby, Thanks for the support. Bipolar illness is a difficult one. The only people who really seem to understand you are the people who have experienced what we have been through. I am very thankful that there are medications that can help with the mood swings, as they can be way out there. I love the highs, but the lows are awful! Actually finding a doctor that can help you is another issue, there are so few out there that even have a clue! Thanks for the support. Sandi

06/19/2009 04:04 PM
YorkieLove
YorkieLove  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

It's good to have you here Sandi. The people here are great, very nice. You're among friends here.

06/19/2009 05:52 PM
Ele

Welcome to the group. Please feel free to ask questions or just vent. I am glad you are here.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved