MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/28/2012 09:49 PM

New To The Group

avesher
avesherPosts: 42

Hi. I am a 46 year old man who is diagnosed bipolar and antisocial personality disorder. I came from 17 hour a day panic attacks, severe anxiety and depression to a different person today. Through much study, work on myself and the help of others I have turned my life to the better, but realize I have to work at it every day. I am a HUGE believer in nutrition and the positive effects it has had for me as well as supplements. There are also many other variables I have used to better myself but dont want to make some huge thread here, but if anyone has questions feel free.

04/29/2012 06:37 AM
uppitywoman
uppitywoman  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Welcome to the group. It sounds like you are doing well and I am glad for you. Feel free to PM (private message) any group leader any time you need or want to. This is a great group, so make yourself at home.

04/29/2012 07:18 AM
stevesayshi
stevesayshi  

hello Avesher welcome to the group.

04/29/2012 08:10 AM
hypnagogic
hypnagogic  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

avesher, so glad that you're here! I appreciate your post and am thrilled that you are feeling better. I can only imagine that it's a wonderful feeling!

Cool

04/29/2012 03:08 PM
TeelRain7
TeelRain7  

Hello All,

I'm Bipolar and have PTSD. I feel blue todaySad Bad, but I found out my sronyx has been messing with my Lamictal and lowering my plasma levels so it's been ineffective in preventing my depression and related symptoms the past month. So I upped my dosage earlier and am already starting to feel more "stable". I don't know if it's hope affecting my mental state or the medicine. Maybe both, I believe. I was afraid I was growing a tolerance or just had placebo that it was working before. But anyhow, I have been taking meds for about 4 months now for Bipolar; Lamictal. I just found out I am Bipolar about 8 months ago and have been for awhile. It makes so much sense and I major in psychology and didn't realize I was Bipolar lol. I just never thought about it.

04/29/2012 04:16 PM
uppitywoman
uppitywoman  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Hello and welcome, TeelRain7. I don't know what "sronyx" is, but I am sorry it has been causing you problems. I am glad you are beginning to feel more stable, even if you are feeling blue today. It can take a little while to find that stable point when starting out on medications and it sounds like you have a complicating factor in the mix. But hang in there. I eventually stabilized and I don't have mood swings anymore once I found the right meds combination.

There is also a Bipolars PTSD support group here at MDJ. You might want to check it out.

04/29/2012 05:42 PM
TeelRain7
TeelRain7  

Hello uppitywoman,

Sroynx is a contraceptive low hormonal dose birth control. It lowers the effectiveness of Lamictal. I just have to take more now. I think that's why I was blue but I took twice as much as I usually do about 250mg and feel so much better already. Thank you for welcoming to this site and the recommendationSmile I can't wait until my moods are stable and I can find peace at last. It really disrupts your life. Your emotions rule you and causes so many problems for me...especially at work and making long lasting friends. I'm glad your bp is under control now! That's amazing, gives me hopeLaughing

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved