MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/02/2012 11:53 AM

Hiiiii - intro

Bauble
Bauble  

Awfully nice of you to read this...

I'm back. I've been diagnosed as bipolar for two years.

Life is great.

Switched meds in December... Tapered off Zoloft then started celexa. Worst month of my life. Had about three breakdowns. Stupid psychiatric nurse. Found the dr who diagnosed me and made an appointment ASAP ( cannot sleep without klonopin and cannot orgasm and still feeling blah while on celexa)

Took my first Prozac pill last night. Starting with 10mg for awhile so I don't get hypo manic. Tapering off celexa WHILE taking Prozac (smart lady... I mean dr)

I was worried about me not being able to sleep with out sedatives- thinking I could possibly be hypo manic but she reassured me it's probably just from stress. (started new job jan 2nd) job is going great and life is great!

Xoxo

“Buy the ticket, take the ride.”Â 

― Hunter S. Thompson

100mg of Tegretol twice a day

10 mg Prozac

20mg adderall twice a day

.5 mg klonopin as needed... Need two at night

03/02/2012 12:24 PM
hypnagogic
hypnagogic  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Stress can do weird things to a body.

03/02/2012 01:48 PM
MBPRLY
MBPRLYPosts: 254
I'm an Advocate

I so wish I could sleep on 1mg of Klonopin, I take 4mg along with Lithium and Ability before bed and most times I end up back in front of the computer, or watching a movie. I hate insomnia :-/

03/02/2012 02:34 PM
Scarlettess
ScarlettessPosts: 62

4mg wow, I take 0.5 to 1mg at night but find it hard to wake up in the morning when I do take 1.0mg. Sounds like you have insomnia issues, or trouble falling asleep like a lot of us do as well. Anything else that makes you think your hypo manic?

03/02/2012 09:35 PM
Joy75
Joy75  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Stress does a number on your mind. I'm glad you are feeling better. I am sorry you went through all that.

03/03/2012 07:26 AM
uppitywoman
uppitywoman  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Welcome to the group! Great that life is good for you in general. It is wise that your pdoc (psychiatrist) is weaning you from Celexa while adding Paxil. That way you avoid withdrawals. I am sorry you are stressed enough to affect your sleep. I have to take sleep aids to sleep. I am a chronic insomniac, nothing to do with stress. I hope the Paxil will help relieve the stress and you will be able to sleep again.

Feel free to post elsewhere and PM (private message) me or any other group leader for any reason. We are here to help.

03/03/2012 09:16 AM
centerseeker
centerseeker  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Welcome!

Glad your job is good. Best wishes with the med switch, it sounds like it is being handled well.

Love the Hunter S Thomas quote. Thank you for sharing it. You might even consider adding it to the quote thread!

Here is the link if you want to add it:

http://www.mdjunction.com/forums/bipolar-support-forums/ general-support/3521719-inspirational-quotes-and-sayings

Post edited by: centerseeker, at: 03/03/2012 09:18 AM

Post edited by: centerseeker, at: 03/03/2012 09:19 AM

03/11/2012 09:29 PM
Bauble
Bauble  

Thank you for your kind words and thoughts!!!

It means a lot to me Smile

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved