MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/28/2011 07:23 PM

Hello Everyone...introducing our new member...

YorkieLove
YorkieLove  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

AngelPotPie.

Lisa thanks for the welcome. I'm not sure how to go about introducing myself to the group, so I'll begin here. I'm Diana, a wife of 35 years, and mother of 2 sons, ages 20 and 30. I was diagnosed as bipolar 2, with OCD, about 10 years ago. I have a great doctor, who has worked with me to find the right meds for me...Abilify, Sertraline, Levoxthyril,Oxcarbezepine, and Terezpam, for sleep. I've struggled with risky behavior a lot, and am still working on that in counselling. My marriage was bad for years, because I was allowing my husband to control and abuse me, emotionally and verbally. I learned to set boundaries of respect, and my doctor put him on Lexapro, which helped his anger problem. I am thankful to God for my new life. If you could post this as my introduction to the group, I would appreciate it. Thanks, Lisa!

Post edited by: YorkieLove, at: 05/28/2011 07:25 PM

05/28/2011 08:31 PM
manicmetoo
manicmetoo  

Welcome AngelPotPie nice to meet you. I have been dx'd bp I, ocd and adhd. I have a son who is almost 13 and a 11 year old daughter. My marriage has been rocky the last few years but we are both working on it. Hope you find comfort as I do here.

05/28/2011 11:09 PM
HopefulOne40

Hi AngelPotPie!!! Welcome to the group!!! If you ever need to chat or a shoulder to lean on, I am here!!! God Bless, Michelle

05/29/2011 02:18 AM
Dit
Dit  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Hi AngelPotPie and welcome nice to see you here. This is a very supportive group and I hope you find the support you are looking for. I come online daily and no longer feel alone. Before joining here i used to suffer lows weekly but i don not anymore, this place 'lifts my spirits'. Feel free to post wherever you like, you can contact me by private message (pm) or any other group leader should you have any questions or concerns, take care.

05/29/2011 07:23 AM
Enigma1969
Enigma1969  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Welcome AngelPotPie. We're all here for you so don't be shy and ask questions whenever you need to or just vent your frustration. MDJ has been great and I love my MDJ family.

05/29/2011 07:52 AM
uppitywoman
uppitywoman  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Welcome Angelpotpie! I am glad you are joining the group. I am also very glad that you and your husband have worked through the things that were hurting the relationship, that were hurting you, and have come out of it with a stronger marriage. I hope that things continue to get better for the two of you. Feel free to PM me if you want and feel free to post as you desire. We are here to support one another and that includes you.

05/29/2011 01:37 PM
sarahtroy
sarahtroy  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Hi AngelPotPie, Welcome to MDJ! This is a very supportive, encouraging and informative group. If you have any questions or need anything, please feel free to contact me or any other group leader via personal message (PM). I am also diagnosed with Bipolar II, 53 yrs old, and I received my diagnosis 6 yrs ago. I am glad you are happy with your new life. I look forward to getting to know you better. Please feel free to post often.

05/30/2011 12:04 AM
Joy75
Joy75  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Hi Diana! It's great that you have such a great psychiatrist and your medications are working for you. Learning boundaries of respect is very good. No one should be abused and controlled. I'm glad you are working through this. I'm happy for your new life. Counseling does great things. I'm glad you joined. You will get a lot of support here from super friendly people that will help you in any way we can. Welcome to the group!!

05/30/2011 09:26 AM
WastedSpace

AngelPotPie, it's great that you are here. I'm sorry you had to go through a rough time there for a while. Finding the right med combination can take some time. I hope this works for you for a long time. It's fantastic to have you part of the group!

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved