MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
11/13/2008 07:32 AM

franklin

Hi! I am a new member and was diagnosed with BP2 about 7 years ago, after suffering on and off with depression for 22 years. I am lucky in that I am on a drug cocktail that has helped me tremendously, although I am currently going through a recurrence of somewhat mild depression. I take a little Paxil and a lot of Lamictal and Abilify. Lamictal is supposed to act as an antidepressant without inducing hypomania or mania but seems pretty ineffective in keeping me from becoming depressed. I tend to be very self-critical. My memory has slipped, affecting my performance at work (I am an engineer) as well as my self-esteem. I have read that drugs can cause this and also that long-term depression or bipolar can cause loss of memory.

I am happily married and have 4 wonderful kids.

I look forward to sharing more with all of you.

Dizzy

11/13/2008 07:37 AM
jritchie
jritchie  
VIP Member

Welcome Franklin! Sounds like you have a good attitude Smile My memory is having problems, too, between the meds and the BP.

Looking forward to seeing more of you here!

11/13/2008 07:40 AM
justrembering
pirateprincess421  
VIP Member

Welcome Franklin. This is a great group to join. Full of support and freindship. Hope to see you posting.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved