MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
11/29/2010 02:11 PM

pushing away friends and family

Angiebug
Angiebug  

Sad I feel so alone after pushing away most of the people who used to love me including my husband sisters mother father grandparents and most friends how do I get through this hell alone.

11/29/2010 03:03 PM
CMcD80
CMcD80  

I understand what you are saying. I feel very guilty that I push everyone away and never mean to. Like, I don't want people to disappear, but I can't deal with people not understanding me either. I still have to reply to my mother's text from last night asking me if there is a reason why I haven't been in touch. Or to one of my best friends who asks when I am going to see him again....when he lives less than 2 miles away and I spend from the time I get home from work until the time I go to work in the morning in my pajamas. You aren't alone, and thank goodness I read your post because I was having a little panic about that myself.

11/29/2010 04:08 PM
cptblack
cptblack  
VIP Member

Gee, that's what my ex is doing. She said "I asked you to work on my truck several times" today in a post. I resisted saying "I'd have to take the hood off and install harness to work on it driving down the highway". She asks and then she is gone, ZOOOM! Back to K.C.

Is that pushing?

11/29/2010 04:49 PM
ASO1979able
ASO1979able  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Angie, Welcome to the group! I'm glad you found us. I isolate real bad, that means I push everyone away, even my own children.

11/29/2010 04:55 PM
mem7478

welcome Angie,you are not alone here.Smile

11/29/2010 05:03 PM
PinkishlyPink
PinkishlyPink  

I am coming out of a 2 year severe round of depression. I isolated and pushed people away because I didn't want to share my pain as odd as that might sound. Now, as I am just finding out there might be some hope and I am feeling the benefits of ECT I realize how alone I was. But I really wasn't alone. Everyone was there if I had just reached out. Angie your not alone either I would bet. I think the people that love you are right there for you, you just need to reach out. There is no reason you should do anything alone. As easy as it sounds it is very difficult when you are in a place of despair, muster up all the strength you have, exhaust yourself if you have to and reach out to someone so you're not alone. You do it once it gets easier. Do it for yourself. Be well

11/29/2010 05:52 PM
chaudoin
chaudoin  

It is so easy to do this...isolate yourself from other people when you are depressed. I used to be really really bad about doing it. Now,I am working on it. I make an effort to go see my friends, even if I really feel like staying home and doing nothing. Honestly, I feel better after I make myself do it. It's never to late to rebuild relationships with your family. Also, you are not alone if you have your friends here at MDJ!

11/29/2010 06:44 PM
womanC
womanC  

i have isolated my whole life and do not really see myself not doing that. No one understands what it's like inside my head and i don't want to burden anyone either. I am better off alone...yet there is that part of me that wonders why no one can understand or at least love me enough to want to just be there...not fix me...just stand by me.

laura

11/29/2010 07:48 PM
Angiebug
Angiebug  

I truly believe pushing people away is part of our illness and those who we can't push away we hurt again and again but there is usually someone at least one person who stands by us thank god for them. Nobody is better off alone that is the depression part talking I am glad to have this group to help ease the burden on my "Real Life" supporters. I just started on this site this weekend and I already feel less isolated I hope you find the same.

11/29/2010 07:54 PM
Joy75
Joy75  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Reach out to your family and friends. Don't isolate yourself. Make yourself get out there little by little. Communicate with your family. You will come out of that hell. It's normal for depressed people to push people away. You don't mean to, you just do it. It's just the way you feel and you don't want anyone around. The fact of the matter though is your family and friends don't deserve it. Remember that. They are trying to help you, they want to help you, think about how it must feel to be pushed away and to see how you struggle with you not allowing them to help you. Allow them and trust them to help you. You will be okay. Accept their love. You deserve it. Welcome to the group. You are no longer alone.We love you.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved