MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
11/23/2007 05:53 PM

LEFTOVERS(page 2)

jlh1956
jlh1956  

I would if I could - lol!! I have done nothing but eat for 2 days - it will be gone soon and that will probably be a good thing!

11/23/2007 05:56 PM
carmen33
carmen33  
VIP Member

that is terrible, all that turkey going to waste...lol, I have a un named person like that in my family and they will go to bed and not put dinner away, even after being told to do so, I can't tell you how much food I have had to toss because of it. At least the mashed potatos and gravy were saved... had to live on just that for 6 months of my life, after taking a nose dive off my ten speed onto the asphalt as a teenager, broke out the front teeth, and laid open the chin and jammed my jaw, could not open it over a 1/4 of a inch, they thought that I had broken the thing. The jaw still sticks sometimes..

Carmen

11/23/2007 06:23 PM
Lustrious

Ouch!!! That would have to be miserable not to mention the excruciating pain!!!

And to think I thought all my stubbed toes from dragging them along asphalt while riding my bike was painful...

11/23/2007 06:36 PM
carmen33
carmen33  
VIP Member

it wasn't fun to say the least, and the worst of it, I believe was wrecking the bike, I had worked my butt off over the summer to pay for it, lol, straightened out the front forks, and bent the back wheel in a half moon, then my mom felt guilty as all get out cause I had asked her that morning to take me to school as I was lugging my bookbag, gym bag and my purse, it was the gym bag that done me in, slid down my shoulder into the front forks. Really pissed me off that two business men were standing across the street, they turned and looked at me, and then went right back to talking.

I had to untangle myself, get up and push the bike home, spitting out my teeth and bleeding all down the front of my jacket.. then mom almost kills us trying to get me to the hospital, once we get there, I had to endure every nurse, doctor and her third cousin removed asking me what happened, they thought that my mom had beat me. I finally yelled at them, that she didn't beat me, to leave me the hell alone or I was going to beat someone...lol..

My doctor came straight out of surgery to sew me up, and even though he had stuck me with something to deaden the pain, he started sewing before it took effect, and would have gotten himself kicked up side the head, had my Mom not grabbed my foot.

Mom bless her heart, decided that I needed a treat and took me to Jack in the Box for a jumbo jack, here I could not open my mouth over a 1/4 inch, and this burger was about 4 inches thick...rofl.. I ended up with a shake, that I could handle.

Carmen

11/23/2007 06:39 PM
jlh1956
jlh1956  

Carmen - that is the same thing my son did -he had a bicycle wreck, fell face forward into the asphalt, didn't brace himself with his hands, when he was about 10 years old. He broke off his front two teeth, one straight across and the other one at a diagonal. Later he got braces and they put braces on two front capped teeth. He turned out to be bipolar later on in life. Could this have anything to do with it, or just a coincidence that you both had such similar accidents?

11/23/2007 06:43 PM
jlh1956
jlh1956  

lol - Carmen - that is so funny - how we survive our parents is really one of life's greatest mysteries!?!Unsure

11/23/2007 06:50 PM
Lustrious

Oh My! What an ordeal and what sorry jerks (men in suits, presumptious nurses, and uncaring doctor)!

Funny how we can remember so much detail of such a frightening event.. I remember when I was 5, thanks to a broken vanity mirrow being on the bathroom floor that was in the process of being replaced, sliced my right butt cheek into two even halves (long story)! I don't remember any pain what so ever but do vividly remember it taking my dad, mom, and a nurse or two to hold me down while the doctor stitched me up... the worst part is if I had been still the scar would have been much less obvious. I cannot begin to count how many times I have had to repeat this story (the scar showed above the bikini line of my bathing suit as a teen)from being questioned with, "how did you get that scar?"

Things never imagined can and do happen - Thank God we survive them!

11/23/2007 07:00 PM
carmen33
carmen33  
VIP Member

I don't know that the wreck could have caused the bipolar to happen although several sites that I have been on have said that major trauma can help to bring it out, I have several trauma's in my past that I believe have had a large part to do with mine, I have had a alter ego as I put it that I believe came into being to help me survive that time, they really don't know at this point and time what causes it, more than just a chemical imbalance in our brains.

He did good in not bracing himself, he could have broken both wrists and his teeth along with it... that is funny that the dentist put braces on capped teeth... idiots.. the lot of them.

It took over a year to get a cap for mine, as at the time we were on welfare and they considered a cap to be cosmetic rather than a need, finally my dentist was able to convince them that with out it I could not eat right and part of their thing about giving it to families was to insure that the kids were able to eat.

Mom tried her best, I will have to give it to her for that, although I don't see how she and I could have came out of the same gene pool...lol, told her one time that if I didn't look so darn much like her I would swear that I was adopted ...

Carmen

11/23/2007 07:04 PM
carmen33
carmen33  
VIP Member

Kids can be mean to say the least, I am sure that you got sick of telling that story over and over, did you ever consider coming up with something like a alien abduction? lol

Carmen

11/23/2007 07:19 PM
jlh1956
jlh1956  

My mom and I look identical too, only difference she is 23 years older, but that is the only thing similar about us. I would have never stayed 24 years with that AH of a husband she had - I would have kicked his A** to the curb a long time before that. I'm just not a long-suffering kind of gal - probably because I've already been through so much. I won't put up with a whole lot anymore. This time it's my way, or the highway - LOL -

Gotta go eat turkey!!(this time with S&P) but my sweet hubby is fixing it for me - AWWWW.Smile

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 2 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved