MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
08/14/2010 08:22 PM

new to group

Laura376

I found this site after doing a web search online. I'm glad to have found it. I have major depression. My moods go from high to low. Right now my mood is very low and depression is bad. My therapist thinks I have bipolar. I have no motivation to do anything. I'm pushing myself to even write this but I want to get better. Just wanted to write and say hello and introduce myself. I'm Laura and I'm 34 years old from new york and have suffered from depression since I'm 17. I've been taking zoloft since I'm 17 and have recently started taking abilify. My doctor increased the abilify just recently and hoping that helps.

08/15/2010 06:33 AM
uppitywoman
uppitywoman  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Hello Laura, and welcome to the group. I am sorry you are suffering such debilitating depression. Since you therapist thinks you may have bipolar, have you made an appointment with a psychiatrist to see if that is the case? It is very important that you do because if you do indeed have bipolar then further treatment is necessary.

There is also a Depression Support group you might also want to check into:

http://www.mdjunction.com/forums/depression-discussions

This is a very supportive group and you can learn a lot here, so feel free to join right in and ask your questions. We are glad you are here.

08/15/2010 08:18 AM
Dit
Dit  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Hi Laura and welcome. I'm glad you've found us, i am very grateful i found this group i used to suffer a lot of lows but since joining here in Nov/08 i hardly have any more lows and am pleased with this. Coming online daily i no longer feel alone and have made friends here i consider very special to me.

As Uppity already stated, you may want to see a psychiatrist (pdoc) to get evaluated so that you can get the best treatment. I'm sorry to hear you are living with depression right now.

Wishing you wellness and peace, feel free to post wherever you want, you can private message me or any group leader we are here for you.

08/15/2010 09:06 AM
Joy75
Joy75  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Welcome Laura, My name is Joy. So happy you have joined the group. You will find many friends here. I am also 34 and was diagnosed with depression up until 2009 when I was correctly diagnosed with bipolar type 2. It's been a long journey, but I am finally stable. Like the others have said, get an appointment with a psychiatrist so he can give you a correct diagnosis and start you on medications if do have bipolar disorder. The medications do take awhile to get right, so you will have to have patience. You can do this. I wish you the best of luck. We are very understanding and we care. Ask questions and take a look around on other threads, you can really learn a lot.

08/19/2010 04:09 PM
Laura376

Hi everyone. Thanks for the response. I do see a psychiatrist. I'm taking zoloft and abilify. I've been on zoloft since I'm 17. I'm 34 now. My zoloft has been increased and I'm new to abilify and the abilify has been increased. Since I last wrote I had my meds increased and I do feel a little better. Hope it lasts. thanks again, hugs, Laura

08/19/2010 06:40 PM
mem7478

Welcome Laura, Keep writing it helps and lots of good support here for you.Smile

08/19/2010 09:37 PM
ladyrb
ladyrb  

Hi and welcome. I hope you like our little family. You will find a lot of support here, so keep coming back. Take care

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved