MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/11/2010 11:26 AM

Hello all. New here.

greatestescapist
greatestescapist  

Hello, I'm new here. I've been diagnosed with bipolar disorder type 1 and acute depression. One of the problems associated with this is that I've gone undiagnosed with bipolar since I was about 15. I had an incredible major low that made me seek therapy. And am now prescribed with Lamictal. Along with that, I continue to see a counselor once a week until the Lamictal starts working; then, I will go to about once every other week, or whatever. Therapy costs a lot of money. Smile. I also have other "issues" like anxiety, panic, and OCD (skin-picking). I have experienced self-harm several times, and skin-picking is a form of self-mutilation; though, it's more of a I-don't-know-I'm-doing-it sort of thing. Um-so, yeah. That's me and my problems in a nutshell. :].

05/11/2010 11:31 AM
tparham
tparham  

Well hello there. My name is Taylor, and I'm 15 and I am living with bipolar and am currently pregnant with a baby that her father is a rapist. So, I hope your journey through bipolar will be a godd one. I wish you all the best.

Laughing Smile Sideways Grin Wink

05/11/2010 11:42 AM
tparham
tparham  

This is my project that I am working on.Cool

05/11/2010 12:42 PM
Joy75
Joy75  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Hi and welcome. I was diagnosed with depression in 1999, then re diagnosed with bipolar 2 last year. Lamictal is a great drug, I hope it works well for you. That is great that you are seeing a therapist/counselor also. That is very important. Let the medication kick in, it takes a little time, but be patient. Yes, therapy is very expensive and it sucks. I think I have a skin picking problem myself. Is that considered OCD? Interesting, I'll have to look into that. It drives me nuts on why I do it. I've never self harmed myself, so I don't really understand it. Well, it was nice to meet you and you'll enjoy it here. Everyone is very nice, caring, and supportive. If you ever need to talk, you can message me or any other you feel like. I'll help you any way that I am able to! Hugs

05/11/2010 12:51 PM
cptblack
cptblack  
VIP Member

Welcome to the group. Why we never seem to have one problemm is beyond me. I'm just glad we have such a 'Laundry List' of groups. OCD, Self-Harming, teen-pregnacy, the lists just go on and on.

I myself belong to 6(?) groups and am a Group Leader in 3.

If you look around you will find a lot of helpful caring people here. And we all have problems we share. Isn't it nice to know you are not one of a kind?

Feel free to PM a Group Leader with any questions or just to chat.

05/11/2010 03:57 PM
Dit
Dit  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Hello and welcome, glad you've found us. I love it here and coming online daily i no longer feel alone. I've even made some really good friends here, hope you do too. Post wherever you wish, even start new discussions. You sound like you are being very proactive with your illness thats a real bonus.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved