MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/10/2010 01:30 PM

Hello

tahkitten

Hi everyone, I'm new to the group, and just interested in seeing how the dynamic works here. I've been diagnosed BP for a year and some change, on meds for a year. Currently going through a separation, work full time, with three kids, 15yo and 10yo that live with me, 3yo that lives with my husband, all boys. I used to cycle every day, now I'm down to about once a week on the meds. Guess it's just time to try and regain a little balance in my personal life, and actually deal with the fact that I do have this disease, and I'm not going to "magically grow out of it". Thanks in advance!

05/10/2010 01:43 PM
cissypo98
cissypo98Posts: 66

Hi, I am also new.

just been diagnosed about ayear ago myself,

05/10/2010 01:53 PM
Joy75
Joy75  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Welcome, I got diagnosed a year ago too. Medications take awhile to figure out. They can take some time, so be patient. Here, just post away or comment on posts. We're all here for you. Message me anytime. Hope you can get stabilized soon. Enjoy the site!! Hugs

05/10/2010 03:32 PM
HelpEr82
HelpEr82  

welcome, ive been diagnosed for a 4 yrs.

05/10/2010 03:51 PM
Dit
Dit  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Hello and welcome. I don't know where i'd be today if it weren't for the meds. I've been living with bipolar for a long long time, only found out the correct diagnosis in 2007 and its been such a relief. Since i've joined this support group i truly believe i've grown and am so much more aware of what bipolar is all about. I thought i knew everything but hearing first hand from others here who live with it has given me much self-knowledge and insight.

Feel free to post wherever you like and you can private message me or any group leader if you have any concerns or just want to chat. Glad you've found us.

05/11/2010 06:30 AM
tahkitten

Thank you all so much for the words of support, and for sharing your stories. So far, everyone's tale has resonated with me on some level, and the insights I'm gaining from it are hard, but good. It's already been a long road, and sure to be even longer, but thank god that I found a place with such wonderful people. Thank you all again!

05/11/2010 10:57 AM
ApRiLGeTsAngry77

<rolls out the red carpet> welcome tahkitten! Glad you have found MdJunction and this group! I was misdiagnosed as major depressive for about 10 years before I got a correct diagnosis about 4 years ago. I am stable ( still a little crazy tho ha!) on my current meds. Hope you enjoy this site as much as I do!

Cheerios!

edited for formatting

Post edited by: ApRiLGeTsAngry77, at: 05/11/2010 10:58 AM

05/12/2010 01:52 PM
tahkitten

Hi!

I can't imagine what getting misdiagnosed could be! I'm struggling enough with trying to get the medications right!!! Thank you for the red carpet, you're a peach! Smile I have found nothing but kind, caring, and utterly helpful people here, I am sure that this is really a step in the right direction for me!!!

Renee

05/14/2010 11:11 AM
SunshineChk03
SunshineChk03  

I too was misdiagnosed as Major Depression for about the last 10 or so years. I just recently got diagnosed with Bipolar, within the last few months. I have been trying to get the medication straightened out as well.

Have found MDJunction to be a place to turn at the start and end of my day...and sometimes (many times in between).

05/14/2010 09:51 PM
Gummy

I was diagnosed four years ago as Bi Polar 2 with ADHD and a sex addiction. I am sad to report that I have been upgraded to Bi Polar 1 with Paranoia and delusions along with the ADHD and Addiciton. My name is Jason and I hope to get to know a few of you as I have few friends.

Ablify 25mg

Lamictal 100mg X4

Xanex .5mg PRN

Lisinoprol 10mg

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved