MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/08/2010 01:27 AM

Justin

Moorefield

Hi group my name is Justin Moorefield. I have been deemed bipolar or major depresive disorder. My life has seemed to be nothing but trouble. I rarley enjoy my life. I seem to be down with no emotions or happyness. I really dont know how to explain everything but i am barley functioning. IF someone could help me out a bit i would appreciate it. Sad

05/08/2010 01:50 AM
BPB
BPB  

Moorefield,

Do you have bipolar or major depressive? They are quite different. Have you been seen by a psychiattrist and been officially diagnosised and placed on medication? If you are barely functionin gmy heart goes out to you-I know that feeling all too well. I encourage you to get some help because with the newer medications your life can be so different in a very short period of time. You can look back and say this was all a nightmare. But we are here for you and if you want to open up and post we will get back to you Promise....... Hugs, Carol

05/08/2010 04:53 AM
jaguarandcubs
jaguarandcubs  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Hi Justin. Talk it out - we will help you as much as we can. It's harder without a firm diagnosis, because they are very different illnesses. As Carol said, there are medications which can make a massive difference, so the sooner you can get a diagnosis, the better. It might take some fighting to find a good pdoc, but so important. Keep posting, k? Carls

Post edited by: jaguarandcubs, at: 05/08/2010 04:54 AM

05/08/2010 05:53 AM
Dit
Dit  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Hi Justin and welcome. This group is filled with many supportive members and i'm very grateful i've joined. I used to suffer a lot of "lows" but from coming online daily, i no longer have as many, this place gives me that "lift" and i no longer feel alone.

Feel free to private message (pm) me or any group leader if you just want to chat or have any questions or concerns.

05/08/2010 07:12 AM
uppitywoman
uppitywoman  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Welcome Justin. I understand the feeling of being so low with bipolar depression. It is hard to bear. The good news is that medications can really help alleviate that. If you are are currently on meds, it sounds like you need an adjustment. If you are not, then I really encourage you to begin treatment. If it were not for meds, I would either be suicidal or manic. Please take part in discussions here. You'll find a lot of caring people who will talk to you.

05/08/2010 07:16 AM
YorkieLove
YorkieLove  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Welcome Justin. A firm diagnosis is really important to your recovery. Medications are the most important tool in fighting bipolar disorder. Social rythym therapy, counseling, exercise and a healthy lifestyle help too.

Please continue to reach out to us and we will do our best to help you. Take care.

05/08/2010 10:49 AM
Joy75
Joy75  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Hello Justin, Welcome to DS! I'm sorry you rarely enjoy life. I used to be that way before medications. Do you take any? We must have them to become stable. You can talk to us anytime, just post, and soon we'll have chat!! I hope you feel better and if there's anyway I can help, just let me know. Hugs to you!

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved