MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
08/11/2008 06:29 PM

New and Looking For a Home

Ms_Katie
Ms_Katie  

Hey there,

I'm new and looking for a new bipolar message board home. I have bipolar 1 disorder with mixed episodes and hypomanias. But I mostly get stuck in the depressions.Just recently went through months and months of med combinations and I think we finally found the right stuff. Because it seems to be working pretty good for me so far. Finally after being in a depression since last winter. It was such a long time. I thought it would never happen that the right stuff would come along but it did. So there is hope for those of you that are still going through med changes. Remember that. Smile

I currently take Trazadone, Lorazepam, Topamax, Wellbutrin, Lexapro, Risperdal Consta and Seroquel. I've been diagnosed for 9 years and I'm 29 years old.

A little about me.. Im a cleaning lady and work 8 hours a week, Im on ssdi, I work at a cat shelter and love every minute of it, I love dogs and want to be a dog trainer and have my own business someday, and I'm on the internet every chance I get when Im home and love it A Lot.

Hope to get to meet some new faces here. Smile

Hugs, Katie

08/11/2008 06:37 PM
norma
normaPosts: 10109
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Hugs to you, Katie...glad you joined...I love animals too. Welcome to the group.

08/15/2008 04:36 PM
kimminentdanger
kimminentdanger  
VIP Member

Hi Katie. Welcome Home!!!!

I hope you will love it here as much as I do. It truly is my home away from home.

I know that whenever I need an honest answer, or if I'm looking for some advice, or if I just need to chitchat about something silly - even if I need to bitch and moan endlessly about WHATEVER, my friends on this wonderful site are here.

08/15/2008 04:38 PM
kimminentdanger
kimminentdanger  
VIP Member

By the way, LOTS and LOTS of us here are animal lovers too! (In fact we have a couple of threads dedicated to showing off our lovely furry friends.....) W00t

08/15/2008 04:49 PM
red1965
red1965  
VIP Member

Katie, welcome to the site! My wife is an animal lover too... I think that's one of the reasons she keeps me around. LOL

We live on a small farm... 1 Dog, 1 Goat, 11 Chickens (6 of them hatched this week) and 1 Rabbit. And those are the tame critters! We ave all of the wild life you can think of too.

Hang around and feel free to join in anywhere!

GOD BLESS

RED

08/15/2008 05:15 PM
LadyRahl
LadyRahl  

Welcome aboard! We've got room a plenty!

Those prolonged depressions suck monkey chunks as I like to say. Smile

Animals are SUCH a blessing... I could never be without mine!

08/15/2008 05:20 PM
justrembering
pirateprincess421  
VIP Member

welcome, this is a fun and funny group

08/15/2008 05:20 PM
phantomgirl

Welcome! All you need on this site's a sense of humour and a good ear... I just love my new friends, and I know you will too. Smile

PS. My cat says "hi".

PSS. I'm such a geek... Blush

08/17/2008 10:19 PM
Flaco73
Flaco73  

I love cats. Need to wait, on a different living situation, before i can apodt. Was always a dog person until a cat adopted my family. They are the best, and quite hilarious, them cats. "Dogs have owners, cats have staff." Love the critters, too.

08/18/2008 05:03 AM
LadyRahl
LadyRahl  

You might be a geek phantom, but that's one of the reasons I love ya. Grin

And that's exactly right Falco. My boy Loki is SO spoiled. Every night when I'm online me comes up on my bed and and sits on the pillow next to me. Well one night I was sitting in his spot and he jumped up, looked at me and curled up at the foot of the bed feigning sleep checking every now and then to see if I moved...

and I did.

Then he got up, stretched and sauntered on over to HIS pillow. Grin

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved