MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/22/2010 07:53 PM

Hello

bpangel

I am new to the group. I was wondering if anyone experienced weight gain with Abilify?Smile

03/22/2010 09:08 PM
Alwaysdifferent

Welcome Angel to our group. I have not taken abilify, but I have read that that can be a possible side effect. I hope you find this site a friendly, safe and informative site. We all are living with this disorder and can completely understand. Please keep posting...

A Cool

03/22/2010 09:19 PM
Dit
Dit  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Hello bpangel and welcome. This is a very supportive group glad you've found us. I've never taken Abilify before but i'm pretty sure other members have. Feel free to tell us a bit about yourself. Coming online daily i no longer feel alone.

03/26/2010 08:27 AM
uppitywoman
uppitywoman  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I take Abilify and have had no weight gain. It's been weight neutral. No gain, no loss. I am on a diet and am losing weight, so it is not affecting me. It's a wonder drug for me. I've not had any manic episodes since taking it. I hope it works out for you as it has for me.

03/26/2010 02:41 PM
Lrose35
Lrose35  

I have not been on Abilify but I know someone who has and he did experience a little weight gain. But he played around with his dosage so much that its hard to explain whether he or not did have any real side effects.

03/27/2010 03:58 AM
crazyblonde
crazyblondePosts: 360

Welcome aboard!!! Abilify turned me fat as a cow not to mention I got hit with side effect and was rushed to hospital and almost died.

Now I take Geodone as an anti psychotic and there is no weight gain.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved