MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
01/12/2010 11:09 AM

I think I'll post here...to start.

justhere
justhere  

Gosh I kinda wonder where to start...I need help I know that but I have to figure out how to get it. I'm at work and I'm a truck driver...probably not the best occupation for me. I went to a mental hospital to try and get treated for depression 13 years ago I chickened out. I was going to a chiropractor and GP who put me on zoloft I believe it was ...didn't have the money to keep going.

I'm sitting in my truck right now...I have to book a load to have work to do ...I can't. I dont want to get out of my truck I need to go home...I need to get help. I am in the lowest state I think I've ever been. I'm sick to my stomach I cant eat. I need to go and I can't.

Thing is I've managed to work while having whatever it is I have it might be bipolar it might not. Granted my jobs for the last 10 years take up a small book but I've managed it. I cant do it alone anymore. If I go to the mental health clinic will they help me even if I don't have money at this point and time. Will the hospitalize me?

I'm scared I want soo bad not to feel or to be this way anymore but I'm scared they'll take my med certification away and then I won't be able to drive...even if I dont work one place very long I'm still working...I dont have medical insurance. I'm rambling sorry.

01/12/2010 11:23 AM
Fierosmom

Justthere, I was where you were just over 2 years ago at work, sobbing outside a liquor store (I'm a gaming and liquor inspector). I'm from Canada, so I could have easily went to a Psychiatrist, but I didn't want to believe I was "that" bad. I went to my regular doctor and wasn't honest about my suicidal thoughts, so he just put me on an anti-depressant and he had me return once a week. During that time I was extremely suicidal and had attempted numerous times, but told NO ONE. I knew it was wrong and was embarassed. My embarassment almost killed me....I was found attempting and committed to a Psychiatric Hospital for 6 weeks this is when I was diagnosed and started my journey to get well.

Please go get professional help. I certainly don't know how the health care system in the States work, but from others posts there are options. This can't wait. Don't do what I did. Keep us posted and welcome to the group. Beth

01/13/2010 05:45 PM
justhere
justhere  

Well I'm not sure I have a job anymore but I am home. Maybe I will go in tomorrow.

01/13/2010 06:14 PM
cptblack
cptblack  
VIP Member

I hope you do. Mental illness like BiPolar shouldn't affect your license. Not like your sizure prone or subject to fainting spells.

And look around. There are many places that have clinic where they can 'income base' their charges or wave them.

Please don't be afraid or labels. Sticks and stones.

01/13/2010 06:31 PM
YorkieLove
YorkieLove  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Good luck justhere. You've done the right thing by getting help. Don't give up in pursuing proper medical treatment. Don't let anyone discourage you, you want and need to get better.

(((((((((((Hugs))))))))))))

01/13/2010 06:47 PM
owutatangledweb
owutatangledwebPosts: 2771

Please listen to everyone here. If you're in the States, contact your local county or big city health department. Some counties even have mental health boards. Through them, you may get help on a sliding fee scale. DOn't let the finance part stop you. You don't deserve to suffer like this. And, be honest with the doctor about ALL of your symptoms. If you ARE bipolar and they prescribe only antidpressants, like zoloft, that could cause you more harm than good as that alone can make bipolar worse. Go get the help you deserve. There is no reason to suffer like this when there is help available. If it helps to talk, keep posting!!!

01/13/2010 06:53 PM
auntie60
auntie60  

If you go to a hospital through a emergencyy room they have to treat you. Tell them you are Bipolar and are having a time you can't handle on your own. That is the way in. Why do you think so many people wait until night to go. Try it I have seen it work.

Dean

01/13/2010 07:28 PM
justhere
justhere  

I am not diagnosed as bipolar ...yet. I'm dressed and ready to go out the door but I am having some real anxiety about stepping out the door....actually sick to my stomache...I don't know if I can talk about this face to face.

01/13/2010 07:29 PM
steve571
steve571  
VIP Member

u shouldnt wait any longer..stop procrastnating it go..be best thing u ever did for ur self in the long run..i had to do it not to long ago..after a short stay an med change iv been improving. now i go threw a sliding fee clinic for my meds. just go.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved