MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
09/20/2009 10:19 PM

Dilemma

hhsader
hhsader  

So I have myself a couple dilemmas. First off, today I met a very cute intelligent young woman. Anybody who knows anything about me can already see where this is going. We really hit it off, good conversation and everything and there is definetly a physical attraction. I asked her to coffee later this week. Am I moving on from my last relationship too quick? I still want it to work between me and my ex wife but I've given up hope and I am tired of going to marriage counseling by myself.

My second dilemma is that if I do go out with her how in the world is an appropriate way to tell her about beingg bipolar and what is the timing on something like that? I've never been single and bp (or at least not diagnosed) so I really don't know how to handle that.

09/21/2009 03:11 AM
Spitfire
Spitfire  

Hate to say this. I just PM'd you. I TOLD YOU SO! LOL

Take this relationship slow and easy. Enjoy the time getting to know one another. You "will" know/feel when the time is right to discuss your being BiPolar. Baby Steps I'm saying! No rushing...

09/21/2009 03:12 AM
Spitfire
Spitfire  

Oh, keep your ex out of all conversations. Not wise. Listen to your mother (me)...LOL

09/21/2009 04:14 AM
Curlupandie
CurlupandiePosts: 280

I am quiet surprised to hear this considering our recent conversations. Where did this come from? Im not disencouraging a new relationship but make sure its what you really want. As for telling her about the BP, I would hold off and see where the relationship goes and remember to take it slow. Good luck.

Curlupandie

09/21/2009 01:29 PM
hhsader
hhsader  

It's not what I really want but I'm tired of the heartbreak of going for what I really want. I feel like I'm just setting myself up for failure with my ex and I don't want to sit here and continue letting her hold onto my heart when she has obviously set it in her mind that she doesn't want it anymore. I'm scared i'm setting myself up for dissapointment and more sadness by keeping this up and I am trying to figure out when it quits being love in my heart and not just loneliness. Idk....

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved