MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
10/02/2007 04:44 PM

I had a small triumph today!

MsBimbo
MsBimbo  

I was at work and began to realize I was picking on people and things. I wasn't doing it directly to the person, but in my mind and talking about them to my boss. I stopped and told her what was going on and she supported me! WOWOWOWOWOW!

She took the brunt of the people serving while I had some down time in the back room setting up sale items. She was great!

Later, when I felt more in control and not so angry, I met a nice man and.....I wonder!!!!.......

Later,

MsBimbo

10/02/2007 04:46 PM
bipolarmomma
bipolarmomma  

Good deal Ms Bimbo. You are taking your steps and I am proud. Its great that you also have a boss so supportive of you. Keep on going girl

10/02/2007 05:23 PM
carmen33
carmen33  
VIP Member

Good for you Ms. way to go, it helps when we can actually see what is going on before it gets out of hand, when I use to get really stressed and frustrated (read angry as that is how my frustration manifests) I would do all I could to get away from people, I could not stand to be around myself and could not expect others too. Generally if I was at work when this happened, and I could not find a place to hide for a while, I would have to leave, hated doing it, cause if you don't work you don't get paid, but I figured a lower paycheck was worth having a job to come back too.

Only once in my life have I lost it to the point that I did damage to another human being without realizing what I was doing, it scared the shit out of me, and from then on, I started watching myself for that kinda anger coming and removed myself from harming others. I was afraid that I could actually kill someone and not realize it. since then I have learned to live by the rule of if I can't get the source of irritation away from me, I get me away from the source of irritation.

Tried to explain that one to the hubby, but he didn't understand, and quit a job because of it, and the job was right up his alley, driving cab, but his dispatcher was physco..the woman was nuts, and I can't blame Glenn for quitting as I probably would have done the same thing, if I didn't end up smacking her...lol.. but I would have done the sensible thing first, not hang out in the office with her.

I had a breakthrough too, finally got hubby in counseling, I had my appointment with the doctor over at DMH today, we upped the meds, so I am taking 300 mg per day of the lamictal, but back to the story, had the hubby with me, he was going to sit in the car and wait, I suggested that instead of waiting he take his butt inside and get signed up for therapy, don't know that he really liked the idea, but he decided to get me off his butt about it..rofl..I've been after him for over 5 years to get help to get rid of his demons. Think that he has a good counsler and now if they actually work on the treatment and not spend the hour sitting there discussing motorcycles, he might make some headway.

We'll have to wait and see, both he and the counsler are into bikes. The proof is in the pudding as they say..

Carmen

10/02/2007 06:16 PM
bibluepolar
bibluepolar  

Ms. Bimbo,

Congrats!!! What a nice boss! I wish there were more bosses like that around!

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved