MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
08/07/2009 06:53 AM

no longer in need of meds.

VampiricAngel
VampiricAngel  

So I know I haven't posted in a long time but I guess life just happened. I was busy all the time only enough time to stop by read some posts and go. But as the title of this post says I am no longer in need of meds. I haven't been on meds for months now. And no it's not a Manic episode I genuinly don't need them I am able to handle my moods better on my own. With the help of church and my church groups, tae kwon do, and a healthier diet I don't have as many ups or downs I've been stable for quite some time. Even therapy will be over this month for me. My therapist feels I don't need her any more I'm able to manage on my own. I've been with her for two years and another therapist for a little over a year before that(the first one moved.) She says I've made many strides and she is so proud of me. I just graduated (finally) last month and I have college orientation this month and then I start next month right in the beginning. I can't believe it everything is finally falling into place it's about dang time that I have good things happening to me and coming my way. I'm gonna miss my therapist we've grown close she's been more like a friend than a therapist. We'll still keep in touch. It seems a chapter is finally closing in my life and now I can finally start the next one ^__^. I no longer even think of self injury. It literally is like all thoughts have just vanished from my mind lol. It's nice to finally be feel free. Yes I will always be bipolar yes I will always have ADHD but that does not define me that is no who I am it's just a little piece of me but that doesn't make the whole person. I don't have to go through life wearing it as a badge not just the BPD but my past in general that's not me and it's nice to be able to seperate it ^__^!

08/07/2009 07:48 AM
BiPolarStoner
BiPolarStoner  

Congratulations, God has truly blessed you. Please dont be a stranger as we could all use a friend to help guide us to the real world. Never forget, We are and always will be here for you if you ever just need to talk to someone.

08/08/2009 06:24 AM
Volante
Volante  

It sounds like your BP is in remission. In my opinion, it may just be a matter of time before your BP symptoms return. Please be careful and I hope you do well unmedicated.

08/08/2009 10:08 AM
VampiricAngel
VampiricAngel  

Thanks. And like I said I Will always be BP but it doesn't have to rule me....not any more. *shrug* I'm always watching out for signs of an "episode coming" and if I do I have a plan so it's all good.

08/08/2009 10:23 AM
Kellinp

Sounds like you are well prepared. I just went back on meds after 8 months off. It was great without meds. During the last eight months, Ive lost weight, exercise 5-6 days a week and take mega doses of vitamins..But like you I knew I was starting to have trouble and had a plan to get back on track..though realizing I needed to activate the plan took a few weeks Smile

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved