MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
07/27/2009 08:19 PM

Triggers from the arts...

harobed
harobed  

We had a thread about comedians in another forum, which got me thinking about how much I enjoy laughter and then how much I love music and suddenly I had a memory -

I was watching "Sophie's Choice" and had just started a prednisone dose pack (steroids and bp don't mix well, btw) for my lungs and got so upset by the movie that I didn't sleep for several nights (now known as mania) and ended up hospitalized for a week. Now that movie packed a wallop!! I've never seen it again and tend to avoid all other such movies. Ermm

There are some songs that make me cry - even in public. (i.e. "Heaven can wait"-Meatloaf) The emotions are that strong.

Anyone else?

H.

07/27/2009 08:22 PM
TIFFANYisMENTAL

i get emotional over a lot but not enough to send me to the hospital or anything.

07/27/2009 08:52 PM
mariel24h
mariel24hPosts: 1136

WOW, you are very sensitive. That is really great that you are so sensitive. Smart to stay away from those kind of flicks.

07/27/2009 09:24 PM
ExyLexy
ExyLexy  

Dont feel alone i become that way too. I cannot watch certain movies, tv shows etc.. I cannot read magazines either and if i do they have to be worth it.

That kind of stuff sends me overboard in a negative way.

I never had to hospitalized for that though.

Hope this helps to know you are not alone.

Lexis

07/28/2009 08:52 PM
harobed
harobed  

Thanks for the input. I should clarify that going that far into the hole was triggered by the movie, but enhanced many times over by the steriods!! I was on steroids for the lungs again in the late 90's and really had to work closely w/the pdoc juggling meds to stay on top of things. The steroids don't work in small dosepaks anymore and I just avoid anything stronger...

H.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved