MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
06/25/2009 05:46 AM

North Carolina

Prestonlee

Any others with Bipolar living in North Carolina?

06/25/2009 05:56 AM
nerdycrafter
nerdycrafter  

I am! I'm in Raleigh...

06/25/2009 06:10 AM
Prestonlee

I am in Statesville. How long have you been dg with Bipolar? Has it affected your relationships?

06/25/2009 06:54 AM
nerdycrafter
nerdycrafter  

My diagnosis was (very) recently confirmed. As in, within a week. I had an unconfirmed diagnosis about 5 years ago, and I never sought treatment, thinking that without confirmation, it wouldn't be a problem. It has affected my relationships, especially with those I love the most. I'm lucky, though, to have a SO who is happy with me as I am, and only wants to see me be happy.

What about you?

06/25/2009 07:09 AM
Prestonlee

Same time frame. I am now living with my parents. I have a son who will be 5 in Sept. Being away from him and my wife is so hard. My wife has a lot on her with knowing the truth of my lies and unfaithfulness. I hold on to the hope of us rebuilding our marriage but I feel that there is no hope for that in her. I have told her I want the best for all 3 of us, no matter what that maybe. Tonight is my first therapy session, I am scared but looking forward to getting answers I have not had in many years.

06/25/2009 01:25 PM
nerdycrafter
nerdycrafter  

*hugs* I am of the opinion that seeking treatment is a sure sign that someone wants to make a positive change. If your wife has a hard time seeing it that way as well, she may just need a little time and space to figure out how she feels. If you look at therapy with an open mind, and intend to help the therapy help you, you should be able to make the most of it Smile

06/25/2009 01:35 PM
Prestonlee

Thank you so much

06/25/2009 01:36 PM
nerdycrafter
nerdycrafter  

If you ever need help, don't be afraid to ask.

06/25/2009 01:51 PM
Prestonlee

I wish I would have been man enough to do that way before now. I am very glad I have made a change for the better.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved