MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
06/18/2009 02:41 PM

Drastic mood change

ApRiLGeTsAngry77

Does anybody have a time of day that they have a drastic mood change? Like you go from happy go lucky to an evil, moody, bitch? Every evening around 6 pm, I turn into an evil,moody,uncaring, depressed, bitch. I have changed my diet because I thought it could be the food I was eating. That was not it. I have found what works for me but I was just curious if anyone had an experience like that? Yes, I talked to my pdoc.

06/18/2009 02:58 PM
mechjockusa
mechjockusa  

you should talk to your pdoc....lol, abot 7:00 pm I can turn into a real monster. I get really angry and sometimes will chase down people who bug me at this time. Can you imagine a 400lb man running after residents screaming and yelling at them.

06/18/2009 03:16 PM
neondreams
neondreams  
VIP Member

I'm a rapid cycler, so it's anyone's guess as to when my next mood swing will hit. I can start off feeling level in the morning. By afternoon, I'm extremely agitated and by evening I'm severely depressed. Conversely, I can wake up feeling depressed. By afternoon, I'm level and by evening I'm back to feeling manic. Whenever I find myself rapid cycling into agitation or mania, I take Klonopin and it works great in calming me down.

Post edited by: neondreams, at: 06/18/2009 03:28 PM

06/18/2009 03:17 PM
ApRiLGeTsAngry77

wow. Do you have a distraction plan? I have talked with my pdoc and boo to the med she suggested so I tweeked my own meds and it is helping. I am also going to talk to my therapist about a distraction plan because I was out of control last night. I need a distraction plan or an emergency plan or something.

06/18/2009 03:18 PM
ApRiLGeTsAngry77

neon- I always wake up happy. No matter what and this is before I take my meds.

06/18/2009 03:21 PM
neondreams
neondreams  
VIP Member

April,

My new tdoc and I are currently working on mindfulness to help me control my emotions. I don't know if you're into that at all or how you feel about it, but mindfulness is working quite well for me even though I've only been using it for 2 weeks. Have you ever been on Ativan? I know that is a good med for anxiety. I was given Ativan when I was IP in 2006 for my agitated behavior when manic/psychotic and it knocked me you-know-where within minutes. Or have you tried taking all of the benzos already?

06/18/2009 03:23 PM
neondreams
neondreams  
VIP Member

April,

That's great. I'm sorry though that your evenings are so difficult. What does your pdoc say when you tell her that you become severely agitated during the evening hours? Does she expect you to cope with it on your own? If so, that doesn't make any sense. There must be some kind of a med to help you relax.

06/18/2009 03:25 PM
neondreams
neondreams  
VIP Member

April,

Here's a thought and I don't know how effective this would be, but could you go to the ER whenever you become severely agitated? Perhaps they could give you something to relax you. If it helps, you could let your pdoc know and ask if she can prescribe it for you on a PRN basis.

06/18/2009 03:27 PM
neondreams
neondreams  
VIP Member

April,

When my agitation is really bad, all I can do is go to sleep. If I don't, I end up throwing objects across the room and banging my fist against the table. I also start having trouble breathing because I get so upset.

06/18/2009 03:30 PM
ApRiLGeTsAngry77

I did go to the hospital last night but they were really busy so I left and came home and went to sleep. My pdoc recommended a med to take at night Digoxen or something and it sent me into a deep depression. So I have made my own nightime cocktail. I take 5mg Adderall and 80mg Geodon at 5:30. This is the second day it has worked ( so far )

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved