MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/27/2008 08:06 PM

Just joined the group and wanted to say hello.

MsMary

Feeling very alone right now and battling with alot of depression. I dont have any family that I can talk to about this so it makes it quite difficult to deal with. Tried to go to a group meeting tonight but had to leave, just to difficult. Any suggestions on how to deal with the loneliness when u dont have anyine that understands.

02/27/2008 08:08 PM
zinnia
zinniaPosts: 3990
VIP Member

keep coming here. there are a whole bunch of people who care and who will make you feel understood. i'm sorry you're having such a sad time right now. keep talking. the best part about this forum is, there's always someone around to talk to.

02/27/2008 08:21 PM
amom
amom  

MsMary Sorry you are having such a hard time I hope this group helps you as much as they have helped me Welcome and keep on talking.AMOM

02/27/2008 08:27 PM
paulzpc
paulzpc  

I am insane , my 2 year old died in my arms in oct 2003 I have bipolar degenerated disks I have tried to go for ssi its been sense nov 19 a month after he passed away they have denided me 4 time twice with a lawyer and my lawyer has dropped my case making me do this all over again, I am stressed I can't work I owe thousands of dollars in back child support from another failed marriage they refused me medical they will not give me food stamps they are shutting off my lights kicking me out of my house where my girlfriend and our new child lives ...did I mention that I love life ?? everyday I think of reasons not to put a gun to my head if I had one I would make it to a field somewhere and do it, grounding me is a little 3 year old girl my daughter I will spend time with her and her mother in a florida shelter ...venting right now..

02/27/2008 08:37 PM
amom
amom  

paulzpc Your situation sounds terrible I don't know if I have any words that could possibly help.I am so sorry for your pain.Glad you found us this place is good for venting and so mauch more. AMOM

02/27/2008 09:03 PM
Gypsy
Gypsy  

Hi Mary, and Paul,

Welcome to our site. There are many supportive people here with bipolar, and spouses of people with bipolar.

Paul, I am so sorry about your son. I have filed for disability, and am scraping by financially. I am fortunate enough, that, I have all the help from the State. Are you on meds? Are you getting any help?

Mary, this a great place. Since, I have found this place, I now, have a place where I can talk about my illness, and get support.

Neither of you are alone.

02/27/2008 10:42 PM
paulzpc
paulzpc  

they had me on meds 4 months ago they took away my medical in this state ...I want to go home to the north but we are strapped right now

02/28/2008 12:38 AM
Serena
Serena  

Hi Paul,

02/28/2008 12:42 AM
Serena
Serena  

Opps...

Hi Paul,

My son died in my arms as well, so I understand how when the suicidal thoughts come that just makes them ten times worse. I actually did try to kill myself 3 times before I finally quit drinking.

I can't work because I can't be around people often. I have to be REALLY okay to be around people. So I stay home with my kids and do whatever I do. I was able to get medical assistance from the state by going there are crying my eyes out. They denied me until I told them I would die without my meds.

It's tough and I wish you the very best of luck. Having this disease is hell itself...losing a child is torture...

02/28/2008 03:01 AM
paulzpc
paulzpc  

I'm Sorry for your loss,forgive me I am not a total tool all the time,when I am happy I feel above the ground ( not that often) when I am sad, I feel I want to be in the ground, I am angry at my own life's dictions and I yell a lot into pillows I stopped punching walls I brake knuckles easy, but I cut myself I don't know why it seems to stop the pain I want to run from myself but the faster I run the more I get a head of my own self and there I am back where I started...I have night mares dreams of helping my son breathe saving him only to have him die again and again , for the most part I drive my girlfriend crazy we fight a lot, but hey!! the state says I can work picking cans off the side of the road as long as I don't throw them at passing cars...thank you all sorry I am not my self, haven't been for awhile and I am not sure if I will be back soon they are coming to take the floor I am standing on..ARRRR life..

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved