MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/10/2009 12:22 PM

Do bp ppl fall in love easier?

merryatl
merryatl  

I was reading the happy storys only thread, which is a lovely idea btw. Anyways, all three seemed to be love at first site. I'm thinking.. i know i fall in love easily. Others however, may never. My pdoc says that i "feel intensely", (well durr).. i feel hate intensely, worry and panic intensely, and more than anything else, love intensely. Do you fall in love quickly? Do you think you can love move intensely than other people?

05/10/2009 01:28 PM
Drucilla
Drucilla  

I've often felt I don't take lovers, I take hostages. Nuff said. Drucilla

05/10/2009 01:40 PM
itsmynightmare

haha i like that drucilla!

i feel every emotion intensely and i tend to fall in love with people quicker, but i also fall out of love quicker too...

05/10/2009 01:44 PM
kyle2009
kyle2009Posts: 91

"yes" would be a profound understatement. Fast, hard, incessant, and overpowering. Reason goes out the window.

You would think this to be a good thing, no?

05/10/2009 01:58 PM
ApRiLGeTsAngry77

Because I have borderline as well, I have over whelming emotions. Although I do not fall in love easy or fall in love at all. Most of my emotions are numb because of PTSD. It is hard for me to feel love emotions.

05/10/2009 02:04 PM
neondreams
neondreams  
VIP Member

Even though I'm bipolar, I have "trust issues" (according to my tdoc) that prevent me from forming close relationships with others. This is primarily due to the 4 different kinds of trauma I experienced from age 7-18. When I become close to someone, I end up pushing them away. I prefer to rely on myself for my emotional well-being. That way I can't be hurt by others if they disappoint me. Despite this, I have been dating a wonderful man for the past 3 years and we plan to become engaged soon. We view our relationship as one of giving and always try to show each other on a daily basis how much we love one another.

Post edited by: neondreams, at: 05/10/2009 02:10 PM

05/10/2009 02:41 PM
kyle2009
kyle2009Posts: 91

give me 10 minutes, someone who is looking and the right atmosphere and I'll create intimacy.

can be problematic.....and yes, a bit borderline.

05/10/2009 02:46 PM
rmm164
rmm164  
VIP Member

I have always fallen in love quickly, like on first sight, or at least on first date. I've been married 3 times, still married to #3. First husband, I'm not sure I really ever did love him though, he was just a way out of what I thought was a horrible situation, my mom and dad's. I practically moved into his house on the first date. Found out HE had taken the hostage. Nine months and one son later, I was at the Municipal Court getting protection orders because of his violence.

So, I swore of men. Yeah, right. Second husband showed up. Love at first sight. No kidding. I remember the first time I saw him still, 17 years later. We BOTH took hostages. He wasn't bipolar but he did the same as me. We did love each other intensely for a long time. Then the love turned to hate. At least for me. Intense hate. That one ended in the Municipal Court with restraining orders too. He just couldn't let go.

Third husband. I've known him for 17 years. One day I looked at him and BAM! Intense love. So far we're ok. Almost 3 years into it.

I feel everything intensely. Like has already been said. I do think that's a characteristic of bipolar. And other problems. Sorry I got so long winded, don't know what came over me.

05/10/2009 02:59 PM
merryatl
merryatl  

thats interesting nightmare, the falling out of love quickly. When i had a several month long manic episode last year, i dumped my boyfriend whom i was deeply in love with (because he had an alcohol problem) and although normally i would have been miserable with heartbreak, i could have given a rats ass! i mean when i say felt nothing at all.. i felt nothing at all. finally when i came out of the episode all my feelings came swooping back in, douche bag already had another gf he met in rehab though.

<b>Anywho, anyone else have the absense of emotion when theyre manic? i didnt cry for months when a lot of bad shit was happening!</b>

05/10/2009 03:54 PM
ApRiLGeTsAngry77

I have not cried in 5 years. Most of the time I don't feel emotion.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved