MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/26/2009 05:14 PM

Maybe I am meant to be alone forever....

Nothing

My boyfriend and I moved in together about three months ago. Our six month anniversary is coming up, and we have been fighting more and more and more. I am starting to think that I am meant to be alone forever. I can never find someone who can handle my mood swings, and deal with me, when I am emotional, or when I am really manic, and it seems im never calm just long enough for anyone to adjust or anything.

I have just been thinking, maybe I am meant to be alone forever, and not have anyone but myself, that way I can't really mess up anyone else life but my own.

I don't want to be alone forever. I love him so much, but I am not sure what else to think anymore. I Love him, I just wish my bipolar didn't mess everything in my life up, even my love life!

04/26/2009 07:10 PM
lonelynohope

i know what you mean. seems like we continuously sabotage our lives. which only exacerbates the negative feelings we have toward ourselves.

04/26/2009 07:29 PM
mechjockusa
mechjockusa  

I feel as you do, I feel i am meant to be alone. My last girlfriend was 20 years ago. Now it is just me and my cat babydoll. Anytime i start getting close my bipolar goes off, either sending me into mania or a deep depression and i lose the attentions that i seek. Or i get angry and scare them off. I have yet come to how solving these issues will make it better for me because the next person comes along and i scare them off to.

04/26/2009 09:03 PM
jennywren
jennywrenPosts: 3195

Don't know really "Nothing try Something" Smile

But I would not give up just yet. You appear to know what your probem is. Now is the time to do something about it.

Being aware of what we are doing is the first thing. Now we can move onto the next and that is looking at changing our behaviour.

Your meds may need adjusting, or you may find a tdoc very helpful.

I gather that you are reasonably young, so too early to just give up.

Now I cannot talk, lived without a permanent man for some years now.

That is the way I want things. ie I do not particulary need company. Get all I need socially. But I am a lot older now. And do not feel I have missed out on anything.

But realise that all are not like me and would be very happy with a full time partner.

JennyWren

Post edited by: jennywren, at: 04/27/2009 12:41 AM

04/26/2009 10:01 PM
ComingUndone
ComingUndone  

Yea I understand. I was on and off with my ex for 2 years. I was constantly blaming my bipolar disorder but in all actuality I picked the wrong person and that's why we're not working out. I love him, but it really doesn't matter, because I was miserable thinking everything was my fault and taking on such a large load.

I think that a guy can take on me being bipolar and pull through it all...but I keep picking the wrong ones.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved