MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/24/2009 04:34 AM

Restless Legs?

Suni
Suni  

Before I started taking all my meds I would get restless legs once in a while, but now I seem to have it everyday when I wake up, I have to get out of bed, I can not just lay and rest. Anyone else have this problem?

04/24/2009 05:15 AM
Chrislxa

Wow..yes. VERY restless legs run in my fiance's family. And she has had it as long as I have known her although as of late its getting a lot more noticeable. I'm not sure if its a side affect of the meds (I have heard that dealing with the depression side of the equation can result in heightened anxiety). She has always had shakey hands and now when we sit there to watch a movie, her hands tighten and relax many times. I don't know if that helps, but it certainly sounds like a match.

C

04/24/2009 05:46 AM
Dit
Dit  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

When I went to a sleep lab to check if I had sleep apnea (3 yrs ago), I spent the night there. I was told I had restless leg syndrome. They wanted to put me on meds but I did not want to take anything since I was already taking Klonopin (clonazepam) daily which also treats restless leg. I no longer take Klonopin daily only prn.

It's only rarely that I experience this "restless leg" sometimes when trying to fall asleep I can feel it, if it is bad I just take 1/2 a Klonopin, and its rare that I need to. I think I have a "mild" case of this. I'm keeping an eye on this cause if it gets worse, i may need meds for it. Ermm

Post edited by: Dit, at: 04/24/2009 05:46 AM

04/24/2009 06:06 AM
rmm164
rmm164  
VIP Member

I have it sometimes at night. I actually feel like my whole body is restless, not just my legs. It makes sleep impossible. I don't know if it's meds or not, I haven't studied up on it. But when I went for a sleep study a while back, they didn't notice it so maybe it is one of the meds I'm on now. When I'm awake, I am always moving something, can't sit completely still.

04/24/2009 06:14 AM
MCG
MCG  

I started to notice the restless legs when I went on seroquel. It comes every night without fail, approx. 30-60 mins before I fall asleep. It is a very uncomfortable feeling to say the least!

04/24/2009 06:49 AM
Suni
Suni  

It is really uncomfortable, I have it so bad at night and when I awake in the morning, but i also notice that all day I have to keep moving my legs, im sure anxiety plays a role in it somewhere but it sucks. I do sleep somewhat ok, (wake several times a night) but when I do wake I have to get up, I can not lay in bed and sleep in if I wanted to....ugh

Post edited by: Suni, at: 04/24/2009 06:51 AM

04/24/2009 07:39 AM
pirateprincess421
pirateprincess421  
VIP Member

I had restless legs so bad from the seroquel I was put on Requip by my reg doctor. Maybe requip is an answer.

04/24/2009 07:52 AM
tw12357
tw12357Posts: 277

Clonazapam (Klonipin) has really helped my restless legs, but I still have them sometimes, but not so bad.

04/24/2009 08:00 AM
rmm164
rmm164  
VIP Member

I'm on Seroquel. Is the restless leg a side effect of it, does anyone know? Suni, do you know if restless leg is a side effect of any of the meds you're on? I see you're not on Seroquel.

04/24/2009 08:16 AM
Chrislxa

Do any of you experiencing the restless leg issue also have a slight shake to your hands? They seem to go together with my fiance.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved