MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/11/2008 11:23 PM

Never wake to an alarm

amberose
amberose  

Does anyone else have this problem with bipolar, I suffer from never ever hearing the alarm clock no matter how many are set.

It's not always but more often then not.

I will wake up hours after it has gone off, with out even twitching to turn it off my self, even in my sleep, ya know how people tend to roll over and shut it off, half alseep to fall back into a deep sleep not realizing what they did.

I sleep completely through it. It's bad. 1 part of the reason I was discharged from the military, I was a safety hazzard. If I wasn't where I neeeded to be during a General Quarters/Battle Stations, people could die.

but this didn't start til I became Bipolar

Post edited by: amberose, at: 02/12/2008 01:25

02/11/2008 11:42 PM
red1965
red1965  
VIP Member

My wife seldomly hears an alarm. When she sleeps it is more like a coma. I call her from work to get her up most of the time, sometimes calling multiple times. But there are some really neat effects of her soundness of sleep. On occasion she talks in her sleep, not unusual, but I can ask her questions and she answers. We have held complete conversations and she has no cognitive recolection of the event. She also sings in her sleep. The very strange and somewhat disturbing thing is that she regresses at times. I have talked to her as a child, as teenager and as an adult. The thing that really creaps me out is when she vividly describes her surrounding and events happening around her in her dream state, while sleeping.

This is exceptionally different to me as I do not have any dream recall what so ever, and have not had that I am aware of.

Sorry if I got off subject.

RED

Post edited by: red1965, at: 02/12/2008 01:43

02/11/2008 11:52 PM
carmen33
carmen33  
VIP Member

I sleep like a rock, can and have slept through the alarm many times, the only thing I would wake for is the sound of my babies crying. Try setting your alarm if it is a radio type of alarm to the loudest most irritating station you can find, I use heavy metal for mine..lol, can't stand the stuff and it will shake you out of bed, turned up full blast..

02/11/2008 11:53 PM
amberose
amberose  

it's ok, yea even when I get called on the phone, like a co-worker wonders where I am, nope don't hear it, this has hurt me in some jobs Sad

but my Boyfriend says I talk in my sleep. I dream alot and teeth cleanch, (not teeth grind) I make smoochy like kissy nosises lol Smile

I have alot of nights with horrid morbid vivid dreams, sometime I wake up slightly but not fully and am still dreaming, kinda hallucinate I think. oh and My dreams can be so vidid I don't know reality from dreams, like I might dream someone told me to do something, and then in real life while I am awake I may ask about it, and they think I'm luny toons. cause it never happened. and I am like "are you sure" it seems so real. like dreaming I paid a bill, and I never did, and then when It's late I was like "I know I paid that" but then think, maybe I dreamt it.

ok

one last note about not waking

I do not wet the bed nor was I a child bed wetter, but the thing is I dont even wake up to go to the bathroom. nor do I wet the bed. I will have dreams of peeing or holding my bladder and still not wake up, I will have scary ones where I pee myself, yet when I wake up maybe hours later I am in pain I have to go soooo bad, thank god I didnt relive myself in the dream for real!

I wonder to myself how can I manage to hold it so long, like nights I sleep 15 hours, how long was I holding it to be in that much pain and such a full bladder.

I figure soon, one night I WILL pee myself Smile and when that day comes I guess I will need to get night diapers... but at 27 yrs old, hope it don'ty happen soon

but now you can see nothing wakes me up, like I am in a coma, but yet somehow concious enough to not relive my self naturally like I was in a coma...

02/11/2008 11:53 PM
carmen33
carmen33  
VIP Member

sweet dreams y'all, heading for bed, thankfully the alarm isn't set to go off till just before I have to go to work, I don't hear the hubbies..

02/11/2008 11:55 PM
amberose
amberose  

I have tried multi alarms all different sounds, what seems to happen is a new sound, like if I change the station to heavy metal, it will wake me for a few days, but then it's like my ears get used to the noise... and I sleep through it and have to try a different sound, one more thing I have wondered is if my house is on fire, I will probably die from smoke inhallation before I wake up, kinda scary, I have a dog, and I hope she will be able to rouse me

02/11/2008 11:58 PM
red1965
red1965  
VIP Member

In order to get her up with the phone I usually put the cordless phone on the pillow next to her or in her hand before I leave. Odds are better of her picking up. I also have to call back a couple of times and or ask her to call me back to make sure she is awake, not just talking to me in her sleep.

02/12/2008 12:00 AM
amberose
amberose  

is she BP or you?

02/12/2008 12:05 AM
red1965
red1965  
VIP Member

My wife is bipolar II (rapid cycling), with personality disorders and OCD. We have been married for 25 years. She was diagnosed 8 years ago and has been stable for a year now.

What am I doing up so late? I went to bed and got back up an hour later with a headache... so here I am.

02/12/2008 12:19 AM
amberose
amberose  

Smile I am bipolar II with I belive rapid cycling, I need to discuss this with the doc this week, and I have a personality disorder, but I think the miliatary made that up. and anxiety w/ agoraphobia, and panic attack now too.

I'm glad she is stable. meens there is hope for me Smile maybe I will hear the alarm clock once again Smile

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved