MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/04/2009 05:40 AM

Falling Hard into depression.....

LucidAyn
LucidAyn  

New to this BiPolar crap and cant stop crying today, I dont understand this illness. I have felt myself goiung downhill for about 2 days now and knew this was coming, but how long can I expect this to last, Id much rather be manic and happy than depressed as all hell right now. Does anyone have any advice? I feel so alone, I guess in all actuality I am. All of my family is out of town what a good time to crash.

Someone please help!

04/04/2009 07:01 AM
Dit
Dit  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

LudidAyn, so sorry your are feeling this way. Are you taking a mood stabilizer? I take Lithium and it has helped me with my lows to not get too low and and these lows don't happen as often anymore. I also take an anti-dep. Are you on meds? Maybe they need tweakikng.

04/04/2009 11:06 AM
LucidAyn
LucidAyn  

Yes I do take Topomax, I was on Lamictil but it didnt do much for me. I also take Zoloft. I seem to crash every 2 months. I cant stand to be stabe for a good 2 months and then crash so hard. This crap stinks and I wish that the dr's were in on the weekends. Sad

04/04/2009 11:52 AM
rmm164
rmm164  
VIP Member

I'm sorry you're feeling so bad. I've been feeling down too. I know how it it. But you're not alone. We're here. That might not be much, but we understand, at least. Maybe you can do something to get your mind off of how bad you feel. (I know, easier said than done...) Maybe watch something you like on tv, take a walk, read a book, call a friend, go out to dinner, go to the mall. I know it's hard but sometimes it helps. If you can't, maybe you can just hang around on here chatting with folks. I hope you feel better.

04/04/2009 12:12 PM
taurus
taurusPosts: 2893

Hello, I'm sorry you having a hard time. I'm dealing with hypomania right now and I hate it because I'm going so fast that I can't keep up with myself. Last month I was depressed. I was stable for 2 years damn that felt good. Now they are tweaking my meds and I'm starting to feel better. We are your friends even though you don't know us personally we are just like you. You are not alone. Pm me anytime you need to talk.You can make it through this you are strong enough.

04/04/2009 01:16 PM
lonelynohope

wish you felt better, lucidayn. it's hard to read these posts b/c for the most part those of us with this insidious illness are kind and gentle and i dislike to see anyone suffer. we may not be with you, but we are with you, so to speak. i suffer from mixed episodes (both mania and depression at once).

for what it's worth you aren't alone and i hope you feel better. many blessings...

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved