MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/29/2009 11:13 AM

Shadow People, anyone here see these?

Darknessiss
Darknessiss  

I have been telling my pdoc that I am being stalked by "Shadow People" and that I see them out of the corner of my eye or standing at the end of my hallway late at night in the darkness watching me.

I sleep with the tv on because when it's dark in my room I can see them standing all around me and flying in circles above my bed.

I know that it sounds like I am psychotic but I don't know about all that, I looked it up here,www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadow_people and it is not just me.

Ddo you ever see them? I am fascinated by the things in the darkness that we don't fully understand.

I am not crazy I just want to know what it is they want from me.

Since I have been on Seroquel 600mg I have less contact with them and I don't know if it is all in my head or is there something about my brain that allows me to see them.

This is pretty neat stuff guys, don't worry I'm okay and my pdoc knows that I see them and he hasn't baker act me so I'm not a danger to myself or others, just a cool topic I thought I'd share it with you guys.

Your Friend, Darknessiss

Post edited by: Darknessiss, at: 03/29/2009 11:14

03/29/2009 11:34 AM
YorkieLove
YorkieLove  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Dark, before we knew that I had bipolar my old pdoc was treating me for ADHD and major depression. I had been taking Adderall for maybe 3 months, then she started me on Cymbalta. I saw Shadow People for a couple of weeks. Out of the corner of my eye dark shapes would fly across windows. When I asked her about it, she pretty much ignored me. They went away shortly. I have wondered lately if they weren't the beginning stages of psychosis. Neither of those meds were good for bipolar, so who knows. When I was a child, I saw a figure of a man made of tv static riding a skateboard out of my closet at night. It was probably a dream.

Also, I do believe in demons and saw a documentary of a haunting wher in the beginning stages the boys saw shadow figures at night walking around their bedroom.

03/29/2009 11:50 AM
starbright
starbrightPosts: 7342
VIP Member

I see shadow people as well, they lurk in the shadows waiting to ambush, they prowl around the room always at arms length never letting you get too close to them, to me they are real, they are silent in their movements but their presence is certainly there, I see them outside the window, I feel their stare, they run through the door, always one step ahead so I never catch up to them, I feel their presence at night under the bed, in the wardrobe/closet waiting for me to let my guard down, they scare me because i cannot control them. because they cannot answer my cries,

Sometimes when I hear voices I wonder if they come from the shadow people if it is them calling to me but I am yet to determine where the voices come, as sometimes I don't see the shadow people with them so cannot make a definite link.

03/29/2009 11:54 AM
Darknessiss
Darknessiss  

I know that people with psychotic features see and hear things that are not real.

I also know that demons do exist just on a different plain or dimension. I've seen them enough times to believe they are all around us.

Just because you can't see something does not mean it doesn't exist. You can't see the wind but it exists, can't see electricity but it exists.

I think the dead envy the living and some don't want to cross over.

I'm not crazy for thinking this way I am just want to know I can see them sometimes on medicine when not manic.

03/29/2009 12:30 PM
Darknessiss
Darknessiss  

Cool starbright, thanks for answering my post. I'm not trying to cause anyone to freak out here, just be honest if you have a shadow people experience because I am fascinated by the possibility that they exist.

Here check this out:

Shadow people (also known as shadow men, shadow folk, or shadow beings) are supernatural shadow-like creatures of both modern folklore and traditional native American beliefs[citation needed]. According to folklore, they appear as dark forms in the peripheries of people's vision and disintegrate, or move between walls, when noticed.[1][2]

Reports of shadow people occupy a similar position in the popular consciousness to ghost sightings, but differ in that shadow people are not reported as having human features, wearing modern/period clothing, or attempting to communicate. Witnesses also do not report the same feelings of being in the presence of something that 'was once human'. Some individuals have described being menaced, chased, or in some rare instances, attacked by shadow people. There have also been reports of shadow people appearing in front of witnesses and lingering for several seconds before disappearing. Witnesses report that encounters are typically accompanied by a feeling of dread.[1][3]

-Dark

03/29/2009 02:07 PM
rmm164
rmm164  
VIP Member

I have at times in my life seen things or shadows that could be your shadow people. They don't come to me as often as they do to you. The voices I hear are only heard. Before I ever started hearing or seeing things that other people didn't hear or see, when I was just a little girl, I heard of schizophrenia and hallucinations and I had this idea that these people were not hallucinating but seeing things from another level of being, a different realm. You know the theory that there are other realities going on with other versions of us living out all the possible ways our lives could have gone? What if the things we see and here are somehow coming to us from those other realities? The voices I hear do me no harm. On the contrary, they help me and even comfort me and I miss them when they're gone. Unfortunately they come around when I'm manic as hell and doing extremely destructive things. So I sacrifice them in order to not harm myself and others.

03/29/2009 04:36 PM
lonelynohope

i sometimes see them. i think they represent beings from different dimensions, which even einstein acknowledge existed. they "bleed through" into our dimension and those sensitive enough to see them do so.

03/29/2009 05:19 PM
Darknessiss
Darknessiss  

What if it is tormenting you instead of watching over you? I know that sometimes they are just passing through and mean no harm. I don't get comfort from these shadow people because I feel a sense of dread before I evr see them and when I feel like i'm being watched I'll hear them moaning from the corner of a room or behind me.

I have been lying there in the darkness and they start talking in a horrible voice telling me to do things. One night in particular I was awoken to them saying "Eat the flesh of the dead and the living drink his blood .." I was so frightened that my heart began to race and I yelled "What the fuck!" and I sat up in my bed and I see a shadow moving in the darkness from the corner of my room, it was like pitch blackness and somehow darker than the ambient darkness of my room.

I reached over to the desk lamp and switched on the light. It was gone so I slept with the light on that night.

My friend said he had a visit from a dark shadowy figure that he believes to this day was the devil. He awoke in the night to see this black figure of a man standing at the foot of his bead. He said that it was the devil and he was terrified to move or make any sound.

He closed his eyes and opened them and the figure was gone.

Okay, I don't always get visited by these shadow people or shades or whatever they are. It comes and goes throughout the months. Like now I haven't seen one in almost 2 weeks.

I did have a bad time last time I was manic. Obviously I see many things when I am in acute mania.

Why do people from all over this world see these "others" is the whole world gone psychotic and delusional?

I would love to hear your opinoins and hopefully not a bunch of flaming telling me that I am psychotic and should be on stronger meds.

My doctor loves to here my stories. He actually laughs at some of them and says that I am getting worse and I am going to be put back into the hospital if I'm not careful.

-I like to be transparent with this community and I love to share my experiences with others so they can laugh.

My doctor laughs and I laugh with him at how crazy that shit is!

LOL

-Dark

W00t Skeletal horror

03/29/2009 05:22 PM
lonelynohope

i've only seen them passing through. no talking or telling me what to do. i get enough of that in real life.

03/29/2009 05:31 PM
rmm164
rmm164  
VIP Member

What if they are people from another reality and it just so happens that the reality that you're seeing into at those points in time is one of pain and anger and death? Couldn't that be?

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved