MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/29/2009 06:37 AM

Being Bipolar is driving me CRAZY!

PaintorDaisies

So, I was recently diagnosed as being rapid-cycling bipolar... I switch everyday drastically. I go from being absolutely invincible--street racing, flirting with everyone, wanting to party and club, being WICKED entertaining and confident beyond belief--to feeling like everything was RIPPED away from me the next day. It's drained everyone around me... My fiance' obviously can't take much more, and it's scaring me half to death, because I LOVE him. I absolutley love him to pieces. I just started medication 3 days ago, and he's been telling me he needs me to try harder. That he's drained and he needs to feel the love. Not only does that trigger a panic-attack-down, but my reaction drained him to he point of tears. What do I do??? I feel completely out of control still and my meds are making me the most awkward being on the planet. How do I make him understand and trust me? :..(

Post edited by: PaintorDaisies, at: 03/29/2009 06:40

03/29/2009 06:43 AM
MsJ
MsJ  
VIP Member

Honey, it's going to take time for those meds to kick in. You must have patience. Your bf must too. Most meds take anywhere from 2 weeks to 3 months to really work efficiently.

I've been where you are with the mood swings, promiscuity, partying, I even went through a horrible cocaine addiction. Life does get better. Do you have a therapist (tdoc) that you can talk your feelings out with? It would be very helpful if your bf would be willing to go with you and find out exactly what BP is and how he can cope and how he can help you. That will help you so much.

Welcome to the MDJ family!

Patience, patience, patience! I know we want everything NOW!

Post edited by: MsJ, at: 03/29/2009 06:45

03/29/2009 06:49 AM
mechjockusa
mechjockusa  

welcome to the family, i will give you the male side of things. your bf does not understand what is going on, take him to next tdoc or pdoc meeting. allow him to have full access and allow the docs to explain what is happening. you will open the trust door with him. make him a part of your treatment he will catch signs faster than you will and he might be able to stop a fall. if you love him as you say then invite him in on your darkest secret. and remember anytime you need to chat come here someone will be more than willing to answer questions and chat with you.

03/29/2009 06:53 AM
ROBERT1

I WENT 92 DAYS STRAIGHT WORKED FROM 6AM TILL 10PM.DIAGNOSED BI POLAR.I GOT TO WEAR I WAS AGITATED,NO SLEEP AND MIND RACING.I COULDNT HANDLE IT .DIVORCED HAVE 2 CHILDREN.ONCE I STARTED MY MEDS I WAS ON LITHIUM 1200MG 1X A DAY AND PROZAC 50MG ONCE A DAY.IT TOOK 6 WEEKS FOR ME AND OTHERS TO SEE A BIG CHANGE.I WALKED EVERY DAY STAYED AWAY FROM CAFFINE.JUST HANG IN THERE THERE IT TOOK THE DR TO FINDLY FIND OUT YOUR BI POLAR,IT TAKES A LITTLE TIME TO GET IT UNDR CONTROL AND ONCE YOU DO EVERYBODY WILL SEE THE CHANGE HANG IN THERE YOU WILL MAKE IT.Smile Cool

03/29/2009 07:14 AM
neondreams
neondreams  
VIP Member

I'm a rapid cycler myself, so I know how you feel. My moods change hourly and sometimes every minute. Don't give up. It will take time for your meds to work, but once they do, you'll feel so much better.

03/29/2009 08:38 AM
PaintorDaisies

thank you so much : ) currently i'm on abilify as well... my dr. actually told me to stop taking it because it made my chest hurt really bad just on 1mg... im trying to be patient, but he needs me now... he's on the brink of tears everytime i see him and he's been starting to say, "do you even love me anymore?" "you're either manic and I'm panicking (he has anxiety), or your're crying in my arms not wanting to do anything" he's obviously bored, and it's obviously killing him.. .i just don't kow what to do.. even right now he wants me to go over his place and give hima back massage and "just feel close"....

03/29/2009 08:41 AM
PaintorDaisies

the problem is he knows my darkest secret and he knows exactly whne im going down and exactly when im going up... he's really good with psycology.. he's been thinking about going into it for a career... he probably saved my life, because he's the one who broke down all my defense mechanisms, which led to my diagnosis. i'm stuck at the fact that, even though he does understand, he still needs more from me now. he needs me to be loving and there for him because he's absolutely worn out from it, too... so i just don't know what to do because i dont have anything to give him yet... im so weak and scared and...i just want him to understand and let me gain my strength back..

Post edited by: PaintorDaisies, at: 03/29/2009 08:43

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved