MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/28/2009 07:52 PM

Horrible stories

taurus
taurusPosts: 2893

I am currently working on my healing from PTSD. But I have to read The Courage to Heal. It's frustrating because I want to finish this mess and get on with my life. Everyone keeps telling me to do it slow and my Therapist says take it slow. Well now I understand. So far have the most horrifying stories, I can only read every 20 min than I have to stop, It makes me manic and I just run around, I think I'm running away from myself. I haven't even gotten to the hard part yet.

03/28/2009 08:02 PM
JennyT

I'm sorry you're going through such a rough spot in healing, but it really is important to take it slow. I know that people always told me when I was a kid that ripping the bandaid off fast hurts less, but that's such a lie when it comes to psychological matters.

03/28/2009 08:11 PM
pirateprincess421
pirateprincess421  
VIP Member

Taurus, as we say in the other group. It takes lots of time. Please be careful and keep yourself safe.

03/28/2009 08:31 PM
Ele

The book does have horrible stories, just be careful and like everyone said, go slow.

03/28/2009 08:47 PM
YorkieLove
YorkieLove  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Taurus, Only do as much as you can handle. Maybe you don't need to read everyone's horrible story to begin to heal. Just my thinking, bc I'm a skimmer sometimes. Take care of yourself.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved