MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/28/2009 12:59 PM

bipolar and pregnant and have insomnia

fairyangelmari03

Hi, I was wondering if anyone else is going through the same thing as I am. I am currently 26 weeks pregnant and haven't been able to go to sleep for the last three weeks. I've gotten like maybe 1 or 2 hours a night but that's about all. My doctor keeps putting me on more and more antipsychotics to help me sleep but it's not working. She currently has me on 2 mg of Risperidone and 6 mg of haldol. I was wondering if the antipsychotics could be what is making me have insomnia and what I could do to help me go to sleep. Thanks.

03/28/2009 01:42 PM
rmm164
rmm164  
VIP Member

Hi, welcome to the group. Congratulations on the baby. Have you asked your doc for something to help you sleep? Maybe he/she can help you out.

03/28/2009 04:36 PM
heartbreaks2009

I cant imagine how tough that is for you. I do not have Bipolar but can tell you the insomnia that came with the second and third trimesters are brutal.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved