MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/24/2009 11:39 PM

Confused: Hypomania?

neondreams
neondreams  
VIP Member

Hi everyone,

Tonight I had a conversation with my sister over the phone and she asked me if I was rapid cycling. I told her no, but she pointed out the fact that I was talking rapidly to the point where I couldn't be interrupted.

She also said that I went from topic to topic talking over her without addressing anything she said.

Earlier today in therapy my tdoc asked me why I was fidgeting and if I was nervous about something. He told me I was wringing my hands which I wasn't even aware I was doing.

This afternoon I could feel the Clonazepam I took yesterday start to wear off, so now I'm wondering if what I'm feeling is a result of this med losing its initial potency or if I'm hypomanic? I do feel pretty good right now. I've been up all night and do not feel tired, but part of that may be due to the fact that I'm coming down with a cold. How do I tell the difference between feeling level vs. being hypomanic?

I could take a dose of Clomazepam to calm myself down, but would rather not because I love how I'm feeling right now. I feel content, very happy, confident and as if I can do 10 things at once.

Just a little while ago I was planning Wedesday's activities inside my head and would like to take Tigger for a 2 hour walk, go to the grocery store, the bank, drugstore, take Tigger to the vet to have her nails trimmed as well as a bath and enjoy my favorite meal at a local restaurant.

I'm also experiencing some racing thoughts although they aren't as severe as they are when I'm manic.

I'm thinking about calling my pdoc to have him explain exactly what I should be feeling when hypomanic because I'm not even sure I can tell the difference.

Does it sound to you like I'm hypomanic or could the way I'm feeling simply be the result of the Clomazepam wearing off?

Post edited by: neondreams, at: 02/25/2009 00:13

02/24/2009 11:42 PM
neondreams
neondreams  
VIP Member

I can't even think straight. I meant to type Clonazepam -- not Clomazepam.

02/24/2009 11:57 PM
Rayne
AngelofRaynePosts: 153

hello neon, im very glad ur on

02/25/2009 12:10 AM
neondreams
neondreams  
VIP Member

Hi Nick,

I can't sleep. No, that's not accurate. I don't want to sleep. I feel way too good to sleep. Do you want to chat? I could stay up all night. I feel that energized right now. Smile

02/25/2009 12:19 AM
kazoo
kazoo  

Hi neon - you do sound a bit more hyper than what I usually read of yours. Unfortunately, I'm heading that way too. Another swing up but its way better than the hell I have been for the last 3 days. I'm just tried of my constant cycling!! It has me so confused and worried.

02/25/2009 12:26 AM
neondreams
neondreams  
VIP Member

I'm sorry to hear that kazoo. Cycling s*cks, doesn't it? You get so tired of your moods going up, then down, then up and down again. It's like a neverending rollercoaster ride. Have you thought about calling your pdoc to make them aware of your cycling? As for myself, I really have no idea what is going on. It could be that I'm hypomanic or it could be due to the Clonazepam wearing off. I really have no idea. However, I do feel good. Really good.

02/25/2009 12:29 AM
neondreams
neondreams  
VIP Member

kazoo,

Everything seems funny to me right now. I have the TV on and am laughing at a movie I'm watching that is supposed to be serious. The drama itself is hilarious. I'm also amused by the character's reactions to what is happening to them. Even the suspenseful background music makes me laugh.

02/25/2009 12:52 AM
neondreams
neondreams  
VIP Member

I feel like I could jump out of my skin right now. I want to go outside for a walk, but can't for obvious reasons. Too bad it's 2:45am. I want to talk to someone. I want to do something. I don't want to sit here at the computer and do nothing. I could take a walk around my apartment building in the lobby area, but am afraid I might wake someone up. I could also run on my treadmill, but am afraid that the pounding of my feet will wake up my neighbor downstairs. I feel like I want to do 10 things at the same time. I want to listen to music. I want to read my favorite book. I want to go for a walk. I want to watch a good documentary on TV. I want to participate in more threads here on the BP board, but can't because everyone is asleep. I want to read the newspaper online but can't concentrate. I want to make hot chocolate right now, but I'm also in the mood for my favorite beverage -- Coke Classic. I want to write another chapter for my book but don't want to end up writing something that doesn't make sense. I don't write really well when I'm hypomanic because I can't concentrate and end up repeating myself. I also tend to make more typos the higher my mood escalates. I'm having racing thoughts right now and don't know how to step them, but fortunately they aren't as loud or intense as they are when I'm manic. Maybe I'll take a Clonazepam so I can calm down. Then again, maybe I won't because I really like how I'm feeling right now. I'm very happy, content and feel like nothing can go wrong. I have no idea what is going on with me. If this is what is going to happen to me everytime the Clonazepam wears off, perhaps I shouldn't take it at all. I'm so confused.

02/25/2009 01:17 AM
neondreams
neondreams  
VIP Member

That's it. I'm going to take my dose of Clonazepam, wait 20 minutes and then take my higher PRN dosage of Trazodone. I can't stand this anymore. I feel like doing several things at once, but don't have the patience or concentration to do them. My racing thoughts are also starting to get faster. I'm going to log off now, but will be back again if I can't sleep or later this morning if I can.

02/25/2009 03:00 AM
neondreams
neondreams  
VIP Member

Hi everyone,

I was only able to sleep for an hour last night. My thoughts are still racing (although not severely like they do when I'm manic) and I'm continuing to have difficulty concentrating. I'm going to take 3 doses of my Clonazepam today (one at breakfast, one at lunch and one at dinner) to see if that will help calm me down.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved