MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/21/2012 05:13 PM

start work tomorrow

porch52
porch52Posts: 717

So tomorrow, I start back to work. I'm trying a couple hours in the morning (8-10) for the rush hour, just so that I can answer phones. I'm nervous about it, but I think as long as I have a good night's sleep I'll be okay. I'm going to head to bed early. I'm feeling anxious, because it's my first time back in three weeks, and I'm still sleeping the majority of the day because of my anxiety medicine. But answering phones isn't difficult for me, I usually enjoy it. And it's only a couple hours, and if I can't do it, no problem, I can go back home (I'm working for my dad, and apparently most people know I'm bipolar and going through a tough time, anyway. Actually one of the workers is also bipolar.

Okay, I'm rambling because I'm so nervous...Off to have a quiet bedtime routine that will hopefully work again!

Wish me luck!!

05/21/2012 05:28 PM
Joy75
Joy75  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Good luck tomorrow at the job. That's great that you only have to do a couple of hours. I'm sure once you get there you will do just fine. I hope your anxiety goes away without you feeling sleepy like you have been. I hope you have a good day and much luck to you!

05/21/2012 06:24 PM
Yrollam
YrollamPosts: 2477

Good luck at work tomorrow! I'm sure you will do just fine.

05/21/2012 06:37 PM
IDoNotKnow
IDoNotKnow  
VIP Member

05/21/2012 06:40 PM
IDoNotKnow
IDoNotKnow  
VIP Member

We were born in the 80s so I had to include a care bear.

You will do great.

Have a wonderful day!!!

Post edited by: IDoNotKnow, at: 05/21/2012 06:40 PM

Post edited by: IDoNotKnow, at: 05/21/2012 07:04 PM

05/21/2012 06:51 PM
GracieLF
GracieLFPosts: 62

Best of luck to you, porch52. Smile

05/22/2012 08:09 AM
porch52
porch52Posts: 717

So after finally getting to sleep around 12 last night (an extra 1/2 clonazepam finally helped) and waking up at 5 am, I am a little bit sleepy. BUT I MADE IT TO WORK!!! I worked for 2:15 hours, and by the end I was getting really drowsy. But it was so nice to be productive, and wear my new steel toed grey/purple girl shoes (I'm the only girl working there) and I made myself busy for those couple hours. I cleaned up my desk and got it ready to go (they laughed when I asked to clean the phone...it was dirty with someone elses dirt...very girly apparently) and answered phones, got our profile on the chamber of commerce website all set up and started filling out paperwork.

THEN I went to pick up my pay check at the chamber from my old job and was able to talk to my boss and say a proper goodbye (he was on holidays my last day), and talk to my friend/co-worker. And we're going to meet up for coffees regularly, and I'm volunteering with a couple events that are coming up.

And best of all, I was able to tell my boss (who knows I have bipolar, and who actually is as well) that I was in a depression the last couple weeks. So now I feel like he knows what I really did for him.

my co-worker was able to get away for a private word, so I let her know everything that's been going on with me mentally, and it felt really good to tell someone who's in town, who's a friends, and not a family member.

Once again, I'm rambling, but it's so nice (and exhausing, lol) to be productive again!

05/22/2012 08:18 AM
centerseeker
centerseeker  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

You are not rambling and it is fantastic to hear so much good news from you. I hope you will follow up on having coffee. A girlfriend to get out and talk with is a great way to avoid isolating during depression. The volunteering will be great for that too!

I'm so glad you got to talk to your old boss. I know it never feels good to have those loose ends about. Certainly you found some understanding there if he is also bipolar.

Congrats on all this good news. Keep taking care of yourself!

05/22/2012 10:42 AM
MaeveK

Good luck on your job!

It relieves me to see others working. I started going to a support group and everyone else there is on SSDI. I didn't know what to make of that. Though... I've been able to mostly hold down a job.

05/22/2012 08:14 PM
2ofme
2ofme  
VIP Member

HEY! No rambling ... ALL GOOD NEWS! What could be more enjoyable to read? Thanks for filling us in!

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved