MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/19/2012 08:35 PM

Overly Sentimental

Bioe14

I've been pretty stable for a while. But, I'm feeling a little strange and wondering if I should be concerned. I felt a little down earlier this week but it went away. See I work 5:30am-4pm monday-friday. On the weekends getting up at 4:15am and going to bed at 9:15pm is nearly impossible. So, I'm not keeping my schedule like I was before. But anyway, the last couple days I've been extremely sentimental. I've been talking about making sure that all the children in the family know how much I care about them and that they are valued. I went to a wedding tonight with part of my family I rarely see and decided they were great people and I needed to reconnect with them and told them I'd be in contact to meet up. The whole way home I talked about how great they were. Then we were talking about the church they were married in and it made me think of an old neighbor I use to live next to and I said awe Sue, I miss her. And, my mom was like you are very sentimental. I just feel like maybe I'm getting a little high? I was craving alcohol tonight, but I didn't get any. Any thoughts? Do you think maybe my moods are about to get out of hand again?

05/19/2012 09:41 PM
Joy75
Joy75  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

It's great that you have been stable. You know your body though and if you are feeling strange that could be cause for concern. I'm not a doctor though. I tend to get sentimental when I'm depressed, but everyone is different. Maybe you just know that you love your family and want to express it more. I don't know. Craving alcohol isn't good though. I hope you don't drink it. I hope that your moods don't get out of hand and you start to feel better. Keep us posted on how you are doing.

05/20/2012 06:42 AM
uppitywoman
uppitywoman  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I get sentimental around certain events, movies, holidays and sometimes just because I feel overwhelmed with a sense of well being and feel like I love everyone. I don't know if the latter is a touch of hypomania or not. I don't want to suggest that you are starting to go either direction at all. I think sometimes we jump the gun when it comes to deciding if we are getting depressed or hyper. Sometimes, we just have great days, or blue days and they aren't leading to anything. It might just be that you are becoming more in touch with your inner emotions and feel warmer because of it. I don't know. I am definitely NOT a therapist. Like Joy said, you know yourself the best, so just be aware of things turning more extreme. I hope you enjoy the warm feelings you are having right now.

05/20/2012 07:37 AM
ZadieBlue
ZadieBluePosts: 4547
VIP Member

I get "nostalgic" looking at photo albums, etc. my mother hates it as she thinks it's a sign of depression.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved