MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/19/2012 01:50 AM

My day today.

Kiwithepanda
Kiwithepanda  

The extra money that i saved for with cans, bought me a pair of glasses from zeni optical. they will be here in 3 weeks.

got a letter from the social security office, still not "sick enough"

today i sent out my 71,979th job application

(by the way, not a made up number, i've been submitting about 34 applications every day for the past 5 1/2 years)

gotten 1 call back, no appointment for an interview. missed a social gathering caused by a roommate.

Got into an internet argument with my own cousin for 3 hours, had to explain that i had 2 manic episodes today. in which she responded that it wasn't possible, for manic episodes last 1 week. in which i had to explain; two DIFFERENT episodes. manic anxiety, and manic depression.

nobody has to reply, i just felt like writing, and the diary function on this website didn't seem like an appropriate place to put it

05/19/2012 07:24 AM
centerseeker
centerseeker  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

You say no one has to reply but I am.

What a rough time you are having. Talk about a bad run of luck and a bad day. I hope you eventually found understanding with your cousin. I am so sorry the job search is going so badly. Have you tried a temp agency? You might score some temporary work which would give you something coming in and sometimes the jobs go permanent. Plus, you'll have something to put on regular job apps for recent experience.

That's good news about the glasses! New glasses are always a good thing.

You are in my thoughts and I hope social security or a job comes through soon.

Post edited by: centerseeker, at: 05/19/2012 07:24 AM

05/19/2012 07:28 AM
uppitywoman
uppitywoman  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

This is the perfect place to post this. That's great that you are able to get new glasses. I recently got new ones and it's amazing the difference it makes. You must be very discouraged not getting disability approved nor getting any responses to your job applications. Don't give up submitting job applications. Something has to click at some point. Sorry about the argument. It's frustrating when people don't understand bipolar even when you explain it to them. I hope you don't have to go through it again with her in the future.

I'm glad you vented. We're here to support each other. I care and you can PM me anytime.

05/19/2012 10:21 AM
Joy75
Joy75  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Venting is great and here is where you can do it. I'm very happy you got some new glasses. Those are needed in life. I'm sorry about the disability and the job applications you are putting in. That is a lot of applications per day. Can you make different resumes for particular positions you are hiring for with an emphasis on what you are applying for? I've done that before. I too am looking for a job and have had no luck. That's quite an argument you had. I hope it's all worked out now with the amount of time you had over the internet. Posting about this is a way to get support and I'm glad you did. We are all here to support you and we care.

05/20/2012 11:15 PM
Kiwithepanda
Kiwithepanda  

thank you all for the responses. its just seemed a bit hopeless recently. unfortunately there are no temp agencies or job corps in my area. im looking for a companion, but im not putting real effort into it until im at least a little bit sucessful, i dont want to put my burdens on a potential companion.

Ive been told when im in a relationship that my mood swings arent nearly as severe. and that i have the calm collected personality, that allows me ton function. but some people would believe that im dating them and they would be considered a "prescription"

therefore, im not allowed to be happy. my reputation has been tarnished with lies.

i switch between optimism and pessimism real fast, and contrary to what it may look like, im not trying to seek attention.

but at the moment, nobody will hire me, nobody will date me, schools fail me with my 3.4 GPA and my exes are so much more successful than me.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved