MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/17/2012 07:11 PM

overthinking things? and super tired

porch52
porch52Posts: 717

So today is day 2 of my med change over from seroquel to zeldox. I've been a zombie all day. Luckily I had the day off of appointments and everything, but at 5 my mom got a call saying that they were showing our house at 6, so we had to clean everything, I had to get out of bed, and we had to leave the house for 1/2 hour (we put the house up for sale tuesday). I was almost crying, but I held it together. My mom feels bad, but what can she do? So I try to suck it up.

Also, after calling the crisis line 4 times ont he weekend and once on tues night (when my counselor happened to be on call) and then having someone from another hospital call her because I'd called to ask what kind of services she offered, my counselor called me back yesterday, wondering what was going on. She asked if I needed to go to the hospital, but I told her I had an apt and would decide after. She said to call her and let her know what was going on. I called her after, and they said she had stepped out for a minute, so I left a message on her voicemail, explaining they were switching my meds, and could I get an apt on friday. She didnt' call back so I called this morning to book an apt and they said she wasn't going to be in on Friday, but when I was talking to her in person and mentioned seeing her then, she didn't say anything. The next apt they could get me is next wed, more than a week since I saw her.

I dont' know what to think. Maybe she got sick, and took the rest of the week off, and they had to switch all her apts from thurs/fri to tues/wed (mondays a holiday). I just feel like she doesn't want to see me. I'm pretty sure that's the fear of rejection in me that's making me feel like that, but because it was so awkward the last time we talked, I'm feeling anxious. And today my mood was down, becaause of the med change prob and I could have used someone to talk to.

I feel like I need to be strong, but can't help feeling hurt.

05/17/2012 08:11 PM
Yrollam
YrollamPosts: 2476

From my personal experience therapists are upfront when there is a problem with the relationship and they don't play games with scheduling. I've had a thearpist tell me they don't think they can help me anymore but they helped me find someone who could. The scheduling thing is probably just something going on in her personal life. I am sorry you are feeling more down. I hope the med change begins to work for you.

05/17/2012 08:16 PM
centerseeker
centerseeker  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I'm sorry that you are in a low mood and had to get out of the house for a viewing. Selling a house is stressful.

Try not to over worry the appt. Any number of things could have come up. I just worried myself half to death thinking I had been dropped because I had messed up some appts and wasn't hearing back for a new one. I was beside myself and my fear of rejection was on fire! Then I got a call and found out my new Nurse Practitioner only sees ppl on Tues and Thurs and that's why I hadn't gotten a call. All that stress for no reason!

I'm sorry that you are hurt. I hope things go ok until next Wednesday, you can always talk to us here.

05/17/2012 08:41 PM
Joy75
Joy75  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Feeling unwell and having to get out of the house must have been hard. You did it though and I'm proud of you. I'm sorry it had to happen today of all days. You being like a zombie didn't help things. I hope that feeling goes away once your body adjusts to the medication. Something probably came up for your counselor or something. I wouldn't stress on it too much. I know that is hard when you think someone is trying to avoid you. You will get through this. Be kind to yourself and hang in there. We'll be right here for you.

05/17/2012 09:36 PM
porch52
porch52Posts: 717

Thanks guys. I know logically that it's probably not me, and i'm confident that when I see her it will all be cleared up and we'll be on good terms (for both of us) again. It's just hard when your paranoid brain goes into overdrive.

I have an appointment with the nurse practitioner tomorrow and if I'm still feeling really down I'll see if she can call over and get me an apt with another crisis worker.

I always hate the down days after having such a good day before!

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved