MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/16/2012 11:21 AM

Hi I'm New

pasteeater

I'm new to this so I'm not sure how much to share but if anyone has questions I will answer any I feel comfortable with.

Ok, I'm bipolar type 2. I have generalized anxiety. The third part of my emotional cocktail is PTSDd due to abuse.

Lately I've been feeling horribly sad. I never used to cycle like this. Lately I've been having periods of intense sadness and lonliness. I'm not usually like that.

I have four kids, 3 are adults and on their own and I have an almost 14 yr old left at home. I am married. I really don't know what else to say. But I hope someone can talk to me and maybe help? Thanks!

05/16/2012 11:54 AM
Joy75
Joy75  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

You can say all you want with how comfortable you are feeling about it. I'm very sorry that you are feeling so sadness and loneliness. Something must be going on with you. Maybe you need a medication adjustment. If this continues, I'd call your psychiatrist. You can add friends and then chat with them if you like and you can post anything you need help with talking about too. There is also an anyone awake discussion that you can chime in on where people comment as a way to chat with each other if you like. I hope that you feel better soon and you can talk to your psychiatrist about what you are feeling. I'm happy you joined! It's a great group. Welcome!

05/16/2012 12:18 PM
YorkieLove
YorkieLove  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Welcome pasteeater! We are very happy that you found us. Most of us need medication adjustments from time to time. Joy is right. You should inform your pdoc of your symptoms and ask for help. Take care.

05/16/2012 12:22 PM
Yrollam
YrollamPosts: 2477

Welcome to the group!!! I am sorry you are struggling with depression and loneliness. Perhaps you should talk to your psychiatrist about your current cycling as you say it is unusual for you, you may need a med adjustment. The boards and group here ate very supportive and feel free to share anything that is of a concern to you.

05/16/2012 01:27 PM
Rachel8125
Rachel8125  

Hiya!

So sorry to hear you're going through a rough time.

Do you think the sadness and loneliness is part of your depression and could be helped by upping your meds? Do you have any close friends you trust enough to talk to honestly and openly? Maybe you could join a group to help with the loneliness. I joined a choir and love it. Singing's good for the soul!!

Welcome to the group and I hope you feel better soon.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved