MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/12/2012 06:06 PM

Anyone up? I need some advice!!!(page 2)

writer7489
writer7489  
I'm an Advocate

Absolutely nothing. If you don't want to go, say you're sick. That way it leaves the door open for him seeing you again.

05/12/2012 06:17 PM
ZadieBlue
ZadieBluePosts: 4583
VIP Member

I wouldn't tell him for a while. You should first snag him with all the wonderful things about you.

05/12/2012 06:17 PM
porch52
porch52Posts: 717

He just told me today he's getting sick....but he's still willing to make it..

05/12/2012 06:43 PM
porch52

I really like him so far...via texts, fb and online profile. I told him I'm not feeling well and too groggy to drive all that way, so if he wanted to drive here, then great. If not I'd like to post pone it. I told him I really liked him and wanted to get to know him.

My mom came up and I was talking to her, and she called the crisis line and talked to my counselor first. Then we talked and she calmed me down. She said that someimes she sees people for more than six weeks, it depends on how they're feeling, so that stress is off.

I'm going to spend some time doing silly things with my parents (tv or wii) to calm me down before sleeping. Thanks sooo much for you help guys, I really appreciate it!

05/12/2012 07:59 PM
hythloday
hythloday  

Sounds like a lot of build up. I don't experience the intensity of anxiety you are experiencing, so my words may not be useful at all, but this sort of works for me on my small scale anxiety: is it possible for you to rethink anxiety as excitement? I say this because that's obviously partly what it is, right? And we should keep excitement and anxiety distinct.

Beyond that, I think that being honest helps. I don't know if you tell people up front about bipolar, but since this person has already offered the "I'm getting sick" thing, I think you could take this as an intro to, "You know, I'm not feeling sick, but I am super nervous--keep that in mind when we meet."

Good luck!

05/12/2012 08:13 PM
porch52

Thanks, that's good advice. I am feeling more confident with how I present the illness, focusing on symptoms, etc, but also how I manage it, and take care of myself. I've never focused on the supports I use daily.

Luckily I take clonazepam at bed as well, so I'm feeling much calmer now, especially after talking to my parents and counselor. It's almost nice that this shows them I'm not as "better" as I seem most of the time.

Going to get some sleep now and hopefully feel much better in the morning.

Night all, and thanks soooo much! You guys are amazing! ((((HUGS))))

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 2 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved