MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/13/2012 07:55 PM

Poll: He said he saw ghosts . . .(page 2)

ZadieBlue
ZadieBluePosts: 4583
VIP Member

What happened: I deemed him to be full of shit. The ghosts apparently came around when he had a high fever. 99 in not a high fever, and I know he never had a fever because he never had food poisoning to begin with. He was lying. He was supposed to be at my apartment "protecting" me and my dogs during a hurricane! How we hooked up to begin with: I was bored. We were fixed up. I kept searching for something to admire in him. The bedroom was the only place where things made sense, and even that became boring after a while. All in all, I made the mistake of choosing Something over Nothing. I make that mistake all the time! He is a total imbecile.

Zadie

05/15/2012 05:07 AM
rodey
rodey  

I'm an interested skeptic when it comes to ghosts.... but I would have kicked him to the curb too! The ghost thing isn't a deal breaker but everything else sounds like he's all kinds of messed up! Good for you for ditching this guy!

05/15/2012 08:57 AM
aeylania
aeylania  

I have to go with ditch him and don't look back. The ghosts are not a deal breaker for me either, although it sounds like in this case he was full of shit. I have to agree that the whole thing sounds made up.

I believe in ghosts to a certain extent, but it really sounds like he was just telling tales. And not owning a book? OMG!! I sold all my books but a few and switched to digital copies on my iphone but I read EVERY DAY and can't imagine not owning a book.

No the ghost thing doesn't break a relationship. Everything else and the fact that in this situation it sounds made up? Definitely. Good luck to you in future relationships!! *hugs*

05/15/2012 09:49 AM
centerseeker
centerseeker  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Too many strikes, he's out of there!

(No books? Not even audio?)

As to the ghost thing. I do not believe in them. I respect that I guess some people do but my disbelief is strong enough to believe he was making the stories up for attention.

And who gets food poisoning from Burger King? I worked at one as a teen. It's not health food but it's handled more safetly than a few real restaurants I worked on in my 20's.

05/15/2012 12:17 PM
ZadieBlue
VIP Member

Yeah, I don't believe in ghostly apparitions either. I think he hallucinates, and there I was disclosing my Bipolar!

I wanna be on that show where they take a bunch of freaked out people and scare them with potential ghostly encounters in haunted psych wards. I'd be the first one to set up camp in the morgue!!!

05/15/2012 12:24 PM
MMsBrat
MMsBrat  
I'm an Advocate

While the talk of ghosts and the like is not that uncommon, the iq, living conditions, lack of books and motivation lead me to believe he may have some emotional and psychiatric issues best dealt with by a professional. With the low i q, and lack of books and motivation, I would suspect that he suffers from emotional instability, and libility as well. You never said if he has outbursts of temper, or whether or not his emotional responses were appropriate. Without more info, it would be hard to make any kind of informed diagnosis, or to give any really usable advice.

Still, wish you the best of luck!

Cliff

05/15/2012 12:46 PM
hythloday
hythloday  

Ghosts is a minor problem. The lack of anything in common is a problem. I'm guessing that if there was a fever, it was higher than 99 (that just sounds like a big number to him).

It does remind me of the first sign of delusional thinking from my bipolar wife: our kids told me that she was talking about how we have a ghost in our house, but that it's a friendly ghost. I thought she was just messing around with them, but in a few months she was dealing with a lot more than a friendly ghost....I had forgotten all about that ghost....

05/15/2012 12:52 PM
ZadieBlue
VIP Member

A drinker. Sluggish, emotionally dysphoric. Insecure by my use of "complicated" language. No motivation, is probably just waiting for his parents to die so he can take over their $ and house. Doesn't talk about anything in-depth. Failed to protect me from a hurricane! Jerk!!! A gentle giant without the giant part. I admit I strung him along for the restaurants and sex, and I was so bored! Never had a temper, he was actually kind of passive. I made him go disco bowling with me as a bonding experience, and later he complained about it in a sharp, joking manner -- so he was a bit passive-aggressive at most. I think he's a stupid, passive, hallucinating depressive who's been beaten down by life. For me, it's embarrassing, soooooooo embarrassing!!! PS: He's balding and not in a cool way.

Zadie

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 2 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved