MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/07/2012 06:02 PM

feeling sad

kimberly1

Hello everyone, I'm not new to MD I've been on the fibromyalgia site for awhile and I love this web site, but I have been lurking on BP site since last week when I was diagnosed with BP. I just told my family an they said they were not surprised bc of my mood swings my husband was nice about it but has said nothing to me about my diagnoeses since last week, I myself feel the need to talk about it I was shocked about my mood being so noticecable. My husband does not say anything but my oldest daughter makes comments like I knew u were crazy, when are they going to put u on medicine and that's ur bipolar talking. I know she likes to joke a lot but we got into it today and she said some hurtful things, I'm realizing that everytime we have words she blames it on my bipolar. I haven't even come to terms with this myself and now I have to deal with smart remarks or silent treatment. My nervse are already bad bc my hearing is this Friday may 11th. So I'm trying not to get upset bc I have noticed I stay irratable a lot. Oh I'm sorry I'm a 43 year old mother of 3 kids and a wife of 16 years. I have diabetes, high blood pressure, anxitey, panic disorder, fibromyalgia, superventricular and bradycardia(heart condition) and newly diagnoed Bipolar II. I guess I'm just feeling sad and need someone to talk to. That's for letting me vent.Shocked Sad

05/07/2012 06:19 PM
uppitywoman
uppitywoman  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Welcome to the group, Kimberly! A bipolar diagnosis can kind of pull you up short. I can understand your needing to digest it. I am sorry your daughter is not being supportive and even negative about it. That doesn't help at all. Have you told her how it makes you feel when she says things like that to you? She needs to know her words are hurtful.

This is a very supportive group and I know you'll find friends and folks just like you, living with bipolar.

05/07/2012 07:02 PM
zephry1967
zephry1967  

Welcome to group. The people here are great. I went through the same thing with my family. I ended up divorced, and my three older kidss hardly talk to me and when do it is negative.The upside is I have meet some friends that are supportive. So there is hope and maybe you could give daughter some books on the BP. The Book Called "Welcome to the jungle" is very good for both you and your daughter.

05/08/2012 11:36 AM
Joy75
Joy75  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Hi Kimberly. You have a lot of diagnoses that you have to deal with. I'm sorry that you have so much on your plate. It's got to be hard having your husband and daughter not be supportive toward you. I hope your family is. Saying hurtful things to you isn't nice at all when you are struggling to come to terms with this also. Can you sit down with your husband and have a heart to heart. Communication is very important in any kind of relationship. He needs to know how you feel and you need to know how he feels. The same goes for your daughter. I hope things get better there. You aren't alone anymore, you have all of us here. We understand and will be here for you. Welcome to the group!

05/08/2012 05:17 PM
kimberly1

Thank u guys for all the kind and uplifting words.This is why I love this website and being able to talk to people who understands thank you.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved