MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/02/2012 06:18 PM

flipped out- family turned on me=(

iloveangels
iloveangelsPosts: 34

I grew up in a very violent household and my older sister used to beat my mom. i never called the cops on her even though she almost killed my mom once. recently she moved into my moms house, we live in a duplex and me and my boyfriend live in the upstairs apartment. she attacked me twice, both times she tried to throw me over a raised porch onto concrete. I still didn't call the cops cuz my family begged me not to. They all have a clan against me because they don't like me anymore since i started flipping out with anger. I flipped out the other day and my sister called the cops on me and now I got arrested and had to spend the night at the hospital, for nothing. My family refused to come to the ER with me and ignored my phone calls, then told me they wouldnt pick me up the next day. I had to walk home from the hospital crying in a tank top in 35 degree rain...4 miles. now I have a restraining order and can't go into my mom's apartment, and tomorrow is my little sisters 16th birthday and I can't be there. I really need some support =(

05/02/2012 06:33 PM
porch52
porch52Posts: 717

I'm so sorry you're going through that! It can be horrible to feel alone, and even more horrible to be living in such a stressful environment and on top of that, being in bad relationship with your family. I'm not really great with advice, but I am sending you positive energy and thoughts.

Is your boyfriend supportive? Perhaps you guys could try and rent somewhere else so you're not in such a stressful position. How are your meds? Are you seeing someone regularly? maybe they can give you more support with smoothing things over.

I think the most important thing is to take care of yourself. You are the only person you can change in the world, and maybe the "change" is to place yourself in a position where you can get the support you need. This group is an amazing place to connect with online support. Good luck with things, and keep us posted!

05/02/2012 06:41 PM
iloveangels

thank you and yes my boyfriend has been very supportive but he doesn't want to move because he has 4 cars, one doesnt run, and we need a spot thats cheap with a garage and driveway and stuff, which is hard to find where i live. everything is rediculously expensive, i live 30 mins away from NYC so everything is overpriced. i just feel like they all love each other but together don't love me. it sucks, if my dad was still alive he'd knock some sense into my sister but he's gone

05/02/2012 08:55 PM
Joy75
Joy75  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

That is awful what your family has done to you. Are you on medications? I'm sorry that you had to walk all that way. They seem cold and uncaring. Who would do that to a person? Even a restraining order against you. Wow. I hope things get better. I'm glad you have your boyfriend to support you. We are here to support you also. We will be here for you.

05/02/2012 09:06 PM
iloveangels

thanks yes im on quite a few meds right now i just started outpatient groups again, and the last time I went there I got worse at first from all the stuff it brings up, but then better in the long run. and i think the stuff that its bringing up is making me sad so I flip out with anger

05/04/2012 06:26 PM
porch52
porch52Posts: 717

It's great that you're getting the support you need. I always find when I see someone new, or have to go over the history of my health it alsways brings up unpleasant feelings and issues. Is there anyone in your family you can explain any of this to? I'm glad you have your boyfriend there to support you! Keep us posted, I hope you're doing okay now!!!

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved