MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/04/2012 06:10 AM

Easily Fall In Love?(page 2)

MBPRLY
MBPRLYPosts: 254
I'm an Advocate

LMAO....... Zadie, you crack me up!!

I'm not one to really click with someone easily and I don't think I have any type of mania (operable word, THINK) But for as long as I can remember, when I do click with someone, I do tend to devote myself to them. Keeping that line where we do have our own separate lives as it's healthy and somewhat of a must for a relationship to flourish. But when everything lines up and everything is clicking the right way, I've been known to fall in love relatively quick.

05/04/2012 08:07 AM
nurse932

Zadie, I don't read all posts, but I love reading yours. You see, your sense of humor is a person's best friend and helps through the most difficult times in life. Don't loose it. As a nurse that works with people that have frequent temper tantrums and psychotic episodes, I find it much easier to deal with those that have your sense of humor (not too many as during a temper tantrum and psychosis its easy to take every little joke as fact).

Keep it up. I would love to get to know you better.

05/04/2012 08:47 AM
cetacean
cetacean  

You guys are freakin funny! lol

Post edited by: cetacean, at: 05/04/2012 08:47 AM

05/04/2012 10:14 AM
Cthebird
Cthebird  
Group Leader

I can't add to the list of funny posts here, but I can say I've fallen in love during hypomania (most of my full blown manic episodes were mixed).

I always liked my pdoc. He's maybe 24 years my senior. Over time I started to have a crush on him, but it was innocent. Recently when high level hypomanic I started to fall in love with him. I had obsessive thoughts about him which ranged from having a torrid affair with him, to leaving my husband for him, marrying him, having a child with him, etc. I would have these thoughts for several hours each day for weeks. Appointments with him consisted of me constantly joking, teasing, complimenting him, and wearing revealing outfits. I had condoms in my pocketbook. I would remember almost every word he said and play it through my mind for days later. I was totally out of touch with reality. He was prescribing more and more pills.

Later on after the episode I figured he just coughed it up to high level hypomania. Well, now I'm "stable". Maybe a bit below. I still have a little crush on him, but I'm not in love with him any more. He's a very good doctor.

Post edited by: Cthebird, at: 05/04/2012 10:17 AM

05/04/2012 10:42 AM
nurse932

I have my share of patients throwing inappropriate comments my way. When that happens I always become serious and tell them in a no nonsense way that this is not appropriate and if this will keep up he will have to leave. Sometimes its freaky when I see a patient staring at me and sometimes mouthing inappropriate words. Most of the time just staring. I tell him to leave and 5 minutes later he's back. Several of them. The one patient that will not give up I became downright strict and unemotional to him.

05/04/2012 11:46 AM
Cthebird
Cthebird  
Group Leader

Nurse932, I don't know for sure how my pdoc acted towards me during my recent bad episode. I remember he raised his voice at me a few times and didn't laugh at my extreme number of jokes. But I just found all of that more and more thrilling at the time. Some of the experience is lost because of a blackout.

05/04/2012 03:55 PM
VivaLaKelsey
VivaLaKelsey  

wow, i guess its pretty different for everyone here. i guess my biggest problem is that it gets to the point where i actually think the person will love me back, and im convinced if i do all the right things i will get them. then of course i stop being manic, and realize that itll never happen

05/04/2012 05:36 PM
ZadieBlue
ZadieBluePosts: 4547
VIP Member

I just become too fabulous to be tied down, and potential mates seem dull and slow. Our energies don't align. However, I enjoy a guy who'll let me perform, take the stage -- for a while, but then I move on to another audience. I have a short attention span. Or we end up hanging out without talking, cuz talking's boring Smile. It's hardly the time for me to look into another person's soul (but 100 people's souls at once might be interesting). I really really can't imagine hooking up emotionally with a guy unless I'm hella stoned. I can't remember the last time I was manic and stoned -- sounds like a terrifically bad idea, at least for me. But when I'm manic it's one bad idea after another, because it feels so good. Trust me, you don't wanna be around me when I'm manic and hogging the karaoke machine (Superstar!!!).

Zadie

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 2 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved