02/15/2009 08:38 AM

Feeling Good Today!(page 2)

neondreams
neondreams  
VIP Member

Thanks, star! Hope you're feeling better today. <hugs back>

02/15/2009 08:39 AM
gixxerchic2002

Congrats on finally feeling better. Glad to hear it.

02/15/2009 08:43 AM
neondreams
neondreams  
VIP Member

Thanks, gixxerchic! Smile It has certainly been a long time coming, that's for sure.

02/15/2009 08:50 AM
taurus
taurusPosts: 2893

Since he was 8 years old I had to watch my son agonize when he couldn't control his mood swings. I'd tell him we would get him stabalized. After awhile he lost hope and became angry.He never stopped trying though, he was so brave it broke my heart to see him suffer. I fired 6 doctors and found the perfect one. They changed his meds and found the perfect combination. I feel for you because I would cry and feel so helpless when I watched him go through his rages and mania than he cried feeling like a bad person. Hang in there Neondreams because it is possible to get stabalized.

02/15/2009 09:00 AM
saralaurie
saralaurie  
VIP Member

Hip hip hooray to you for waking up to a good day!!!

02/15/2009 09:10 AM
neondreams
neondreams  
VIP Member

Sara,

Thanks! It's wonderful to finally feel level after being depressed for 2 days, having a psychotic episode, a manic episode and then crashing into severe depression. It has not been a good 2 weeks for me bipolar-wise, so the way I'm feeling today is definitely a welcome change! Smile

02/15/2009 09:14 AM
neondreams
neondreams  
VIP Member

((((((taurus))))) Thank you SO much for writing what you just did. I'm so sorry that you had to see your son suffer like that. Bipolar can be an awful disease that is relentless and makes one feel hopeless. However, as my pdoc has told me, it is treatable and many people with bipolar live happy, successful lives despite the disorder. The things I hate about my bipolar are rapid cycling, auditory hallucinations, delusions, paranoia, depression and the way I feel towards the end of a manic episode (extremely angry/irritable/depressed). That's not to say that people who only experience hypomania, mania and/or depression have it easier because they don't. I'm only speaking for myself in terms of the struggles I've endured over the past year and a half in my attempts to become stabilized. My pdoc promised that he will do everything he can to make that happen and I believe him. He's already kept that promise because I was stable for 3 weeks without any cycling, so I know it's possible. All the best to you and your son!

Post edited by: neondreams, at: 02/15/2009 09:20

02/15/2009 09:26 AM
Ele

I am so glad you feel better! Your pdoc sounds like a good one and it seems they are taking good care of you. (((((HUGS))))) I hope your day is a great one.

02/15/2009 09:34 AM
neondreams
neondreams  
VIP Member

Thanks, Ellie! Smile My pdoc is wonderful. He's the same pdoc who oversaw my treatment when I was hospitalized in December. He did ask me about the addition of an anti-depressant to my med regimen since he has concerns about people who rapid cycle becoming manic on them, but after I told him that I've been doing pretty well on it given the fact that I'm also on a mood stabilizer, he was happy to hear that. As for the hospital, I can't say enough good things about the staff. They are treating me just as well as they did in December. I've also made friends with several patients this morning. One of them has bipolar I with psychotic features, so we've been talking about our experiences. It's nice to find someone who shares the same symptoms and understands what I'm going through.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 2 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved