MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/29/2012 04:08 PM

Night terrors

Rx8man87

Does anybody else have Night terrors? Does this have something to do with Bipolar? I have bad ones.. I have hurt myself during them too.. Judging by what my girlfriend or my parents have told me (since I have no clue about them) I run around screaming like I'm in trouble then fall back asleep. I have woke up on my floor, deck, garage floor, couch, and other places where I don't fall asleep. I'm starting to get really nervous. I'm afraid that I may fall down the stairs and hurt myself severely.

What would help get rid of these?

04/29/2012 06:02 PM
Joy75
Joy75  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Have you started any new medications lately? Sometime medications can give you really vivid dreams. It sounds like you have a bit of sleepwalking in you too. I'm not sure what you should do, probably call your psychiatrist and ask him what is up with you. I wouldn't like it either. Keep us posted on how you are doing.

04/29/2012 06:14 PM
Rx8man87

I don't take any medication at all. The sleep walking comes with the night terrors.. In this case sleep running.. Back when I was seeing a Dr about 7-8 years ago, he told me I just have a lot on my mind and need to get it out.. Actually that is the last time I seen him..

I'm in the process of looking for a new Dr. for when my health insurance starts in mid June.. Just have trust issues when it comes to this stuff..

04/29/2012 07:37 PM
nurse932

My daughter used to have these when she was very little- about age 4-8. Its completely gone now. It was very scary to witness.

04/30/2012 02:12 PM
Rx8man87

My girlfriend won't stay the night anymore because of them. They scare her too..

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved