MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/19/2012 07:34 PM

Ah I need sleep

Yrollam
YrollamPosts: 2491

So I just stopped taking seroquel two nights ago with my pdocs permission of course. Anyways since then I haven't been able to sleep. You would think with the other sedating meds I'm on like geodon, zyprexa, and the visteril I've been supplementing I be sleeping like a baby. But I can't sleep. I don't dare ask for trazadone again because even 25 mg makes it impossible for me to wake up in the morning. So the purpose of this post is how do you get yourself to sleep at night? Does anyone have any suggestions for me? I just can't seem to turn my brain off.

04/19/2012 08:01 PM
IDoNotKnow
IDoNotKnow  
VIP Member

I am so sorry. I feel exactly the same way. I don't know how to solve your problem but I can relate. I take 100mg of Trazodone and it is not working right now. I need sleep so badly. I am shaking. Sorry. I wish I could help.

04/19/2012 10:33 PM
Joy75
Joy75  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

I think it may be because you are missing the Seroquel in your system. I'm not a doctor though. Once your body gets used to it, it may get better. Can you read a book, that usually makes me tired. Put on some soothing music maybe. Relax your body from the feet up. Have someone give you a back and neck massage if you can. I'm sorry this is happening and I hope you can get some sleep soon.

04/20/2012 08:18 AM
Nienna
Nienna  

Hey there. I've just reduced my seroquel as well. I'm not sleeping properly either. I lay there and try to go to sleep. I know I am asleep, I don't feel asleep. Its kind of like I'm watching my self sleep. Its really weird and I've never experienced it before.

I'm sure it'll settle down eventually.

I'm off to watch myself sleep. Good luck with your sleep.

N.

04/20/2012 09:44 AM
centerseeker
centerseeker  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I hope this gets better as your body adjusts to the change. One thing that helps me when I am getting a streak of no sleep is to take a walk after dinner and a warm bath before bed and then a book. Hokey sounding maybe but it seems to help and believe me I go from one extreme to the other on sleep and have needed to use this more than a few times and it really helped, even with the racing thoughts.

Another thing that helps me with racing thoughts when I am trying to sleep is writing and turning them around because they are usually negative and I can often get them out and 'recasting' them helps me rest.

04/20/2012 11:42 AM
Yrollam

Thanks everyone for your support. Hopefully my body will adjust to not having the seroquel anymore sooner than later but until then I will give your suggestions a try. I will have to find a book to read, I've been so wrapped up in school work I haven't been reading for pleasure. I also will have to try going for a walk to clear my mind and taking a hot shower before bed to sooth me. I also think the idea of journling my thoughts would be helpful. I just hope that something works to slow down my mind at night. Thanks again for all your support.

04/20/2012 02:15 PM
mem7478

The seroquel did not work for you? I take it and it what helps me to sleep. Before that it was trazadone with completey knocked me out. i did not like it. I hope things balance out in your system or maybe your doctor can find something else to try. good luck

04/20/2012 02:23 PM
Yrollam

The seroquel worked for me just fine but I've had a lot of weight gain with my meds so I wanted off of it. I figured I was stable now and the sleeping issues may have resolved. Weight gain is just not something that is acceptable to me anymore.

04/20/2012 02:30 PM
mem7478

seroquel increase my appetite but I think for me that the lamictal curbs it. so it works out ok.

04/20/2012 02:50 PM
Yrollam

Thanks. I've heard of melatonin but never really understood how it worked.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved