MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/09/2012 08:37 AM

Can't Sleep Very Nervous and Anxious

lisaellen
lisaellen  

I'm awake again I can not sleep and I am very nervy I have a lot on my plate...bills coming out my butt and not enough money coming in... I feel the pull of the illness and this is all the catalyst needed to begin the down ward spiral....I have a gig to perform at this Saturday with our band, this is a big one for us and perhaps I still get nerves even after performing as long as I have. I do hope its nerve's and not falling off the bipolar wagon.

Does anyone else get overly anxious when they are demanded to perform especially when a lot is riding for a successful outcome, and do you consider this part of bipolar or normal reaction to situation?

04/09/2012 09:56 AM
Blair29

Been seen and done the big gig. Trust me its a normal reaction to be anxious but once you get out there and play afew songs you'll be fine.

Bit of advice though, dont get drunk before it unless your a well oiled machine, it ends up making it 10 times harder in the long run.

04/09/2012 04:34 PM
uppitywoman
uppitywoman  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I still get a case of nerves when I play in front of people and I've played for years and in front of people for years. It's not as bad as it used to be, but I still get nervous. I don't think it has anything to do with bipolar at all, at least not for me.

04/09/2012 06:23 PM
mem1089

I have an audition on Saturday that I'm debating if I should go to because of my nerves.

Let's both do deep breathes and get through it Smile

04/09/2012 07:59 PM
IDoNotKnow
IDoNotKnow  
VIP Member

I still get nervous before performances and I have been performing for a majority of my life.

Good luck.

One of my teachers used to tell me "picture the audience naked"

Maybe that will help you.

I don't know.

I just thought I would throw that out there.

GOOD LUCK

I AM SURE YOU WILL DO WELL

04/10/2012 04:32 AM
lisaellen
lisaellen  

Yeah I agree with you all...its weird how the nerves are ingrained in your psyche last night I kept waking up with a fright and panicky feeling, making it had to feel rested. I actually do perform sober for sure, even with one beer my mind goes blank, the nerves get me pumped and give me energy on stage. I guess I got complacent cause we were always performing in divey little pubs this is a real venue and what we have been working for all this time and I guess thats a whole lot of other pressure besides performance anxiety but what if we succeed... and what if my bipolar plays up and what if I had a full crazy episode in front of people... I do not want to stuff things up for the fellas in my band???

04/10/2012 07:04 AM
lken
lken  
VIP Member

it is wonderful you can get front of crowd of people like that, anymore more than 3 i funk out, i would be going out of my mind thinking about dealing with a stupid meeting somewhere. good luck with your venture lisaellen, Tongue Silly Smile

Post edited by: lken, at: 04/10/2012 07:06 AM

04/15/2012 04:33 PM
lisaellen
lisaellen  

Happy to report the gig went awesome, even though I got the flu. Lol I woke two days before the gig with a head cold and just thought you got to be joking...but despite me having the cold we still nailed it. People loved me not being conceited here just was told by others even had the crowd up dancing.I admit this knowledge is good for my confidence but remind myself to stay down to earth don't want to become arrogant. Took me about three songs to ease in but and had to hold back a little because if I pushed my vocals full throttle my voice would break.The guys in the band were awesome too but they always are they have been in bands a lot longer then me. So thanks guys for all your positive comments it really helped...

04/15/2012 04:35 PM
lisaellen
lisaellen  

Anotherpolar: how did your Audition go? hope you nailed it!

04/15/2012 04:49 PM
IDoNotKnow
IDoNotKnow  
VIP Member

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved