MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/01/2012 07:23 PM

Im off meds....and pdoc in trouble

mem5841

I been on bipolar meds for three years. On my third pdoc, first one I went to for three years she diagnosed me bi-polar. Not sure anymore if I am, I may be. Havent been on mood stabilzer for three weeks. Im fine. Current pdoc I had to put an emergency after hour call in thursday nite to him...he had me on Topamax and celexa. I specifically told him I was having anxiety issues and he told me to take the topamax. Well HE landed me in the ER with med reactions. Im off all except my ativan and I feel much better so far. In addition I received a letter from this pdoc I been seeing for two months saying he would like me to seek help somewhere else for a second opioin..he also stated in the letter " as far astrying to receive long term disability I dont do that"..this man is an incompetent jerk. I am on SS and already and I recevive long term disability thru my company, and I have told him that the three times i went there. He has yellled at me for putting my foot on his couch and, during the last visit he told me if I didntlike what he was saying to go somewhere else. (my husband was in the room with me, thank god). He also stated he never received my records from my pdoc before him, nothing but one page saying i abuse alcholo and benzos..which came from the other crazy pdoc I seen for two months beofore him. So now I dont know who has my records from my pdoc of three years that diagnosed me approved my SS, and KNOWS i do not drink nor abuse benzos. My therapist also knows I dont. Well thats my crisis for the week. I see my therapist tommorow see what she says. As far as this last pdoc I am faxing a letter to his office tommororw letting him know obvously he doesnt LISTEN to his patients he would of known im already on disability if he listened to me. In which he never did when i wnet he would only talk to my husband.all in all I feeel much better off those meds thats what matters right now I guess. Going to the ER cuz a PDOC gives you wrong meds will be in this note faxed to him, and the doctors in the ER wanted his name and information. I am also calling my ins and recommending they take him off their list he is USELESS. Man I need to find a NORMAL pdoc.

04/01/2012 08:07 PM
Joy75
Joy75  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Sounds like you are having a hard time finding the right psychiatrist. I'm sorry you had to go through that. I hope that you can find a better one soon so you can find out if you really have bipolar disorder. Hang in there.

04/01/2012 11:08 PM
Light68
Light68Posts: 520

Sorry you have had to deal with all of that, but what is it with some doctors, as long as they get paid, when I went to the doctors the other day, they made me wait outside, I had pushed myself to go as I had been paranoid and having anxiety attacks for 3 days and couldn't sit in the waiting room so I had to wait outside, by the time the doctor was ready to see me I was clinging to the wall crying around the corner, I couldn't even look at the doctor, I was a mess.

04/02/2012 05:16 AM
uppitywoman
uppitywoman  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

What a jerk of a doctor! I wonder if all his patients are treated like that. I'd run not walk from him, too. I'm sorry you had such a bad experience. I hope you find a pdoc who will listen. There are plenty of good ones out there. Keep us posted.

04/02/2012 11:20 AM
fleabag73
fleabag73  

This guy just sounds like a bitter old HAG!!!! Damn! I can't fathom WHY you would go into psychiatry if you are going to treat your patients this way, it's good that you have a witness to him behaviour, it's UNPROFESSIONAL to say the very least, if it were me, I prolly woulda slapped him, but I would file a complaint against him, not only is he worthless, but he put you in the damn hospital!! Heather

04/02/2012 06:26 PM
mem5841

More then a bitter OLD HAG! I wrote a nice little letter and faxed it to his office, and I contacted my insurance company and filed a formal compliant they will investigate.

As far as being off the meds im feeling hyper and irritable. I feel like my brain is confused in what to do. I am scared trying to find a new pdoc. I got an appt on the 20th with a pschy nurse practioner on the 20th thru my therapist office. But my insurance comapny is looking for another one for me now.I have United Health but have to go thru value options and theya re a real pain, I think they refer you to the defective pdocs.LOL

I also have stress right now. My alchoholic brother which I saved his life back in January and talked my mom into taking him in took off right after she gave him 5k he put a down payment on a mustang and been living in a hotel for a week binging on booze. He is violent and has some other issues. He stayed at my mooms for three months with no booze. soon as she gave him the money he did what he does best. Now shes scared hes gonna come back to her house, shes alone and its a HUGE house. I told her to put on the alarm and just go to sleep. His pregnant GF callled me today and said he was threating to kill her and the babay..hes crazy. Now he is calling everyone crying hes homeless.No one is answering his calls. This is the tenth time hes done this to us.So Im on no meds with ALL this crap going on.My therapist said to saty out of it, Im trying my best but I cant hang up the phone on my mom when shes balling her eyes out.Sucks..

Hope I stay ok until I get to new pdoc all I have is ativan its been calming me down when I am getting hyper..and anxious. Its just the pending doom feeeling like "ut oh im gonna go bananas now no meds" but so far im ok.Gosh sometimes its just so hard. ANYONE EVER GO OFF THEIR MEDS FOR A WHILE AND TURN OUT OK? Please dont give me scary answers, for i never hallucinated or self harmed before so Im not worried about that, hopefully it stays that way.

Post edited by: nygirl68, at: 04/03/2012 05:13 PM

04/03/2012 05:17 PM
mem5841

Anyone suggestions?

04/03/2012 05:44 PM
uppitywoman
uppitywoman  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I suggest you add exercise to your daily routine. It's good for depression and will help with any excess energy you may develop. Be sure you get sufficient sleep. Try to engage in your favorite activities. Hang in there. You've got us to talk to.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved