MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/31/2012 11:23 PM

Inspiration

SunnyOutside

I had to tell someone. My heart is full of love after a week of utter sadness. I'm doing a book report right now for my Polish Culture class and I think I have a new hero, Janusz Korczak. I never heard of him before but I feel if someone asked me the cliche question, "If you could have dinner with any person living or dead..." I would choose him.

Basically he ran orphanages, wrote constantly, and literally chose to give his life to stay with them when executed during WWII. Sorry if this topic does not relate enough to this group but I don't really have idols. Yet when I am able to look past myself and see the beauty in the bleakest settings it gives me hope.

(And his father struggled with mental illness so I love him even more. When I read this I thought "He's one of us!" because people can never truly get it unless they feel or witness unnecessary madness.

That's it. Sorry if I wrote too much. I must get use to this site. love to all and balance

03/31/2012 11:36 PM
Joy75
Joy75  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

That's really nice that your heart is full of love right now. What an amazing man he was. I'm glad you are feeling yourself look past yourself and see the beauty. That is a great way of explanation. Thank you for sharing with us.

04/01/2012 06:08 AM
uppitywoman
uppitywoman  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I think it's great that you shared this. There are unsung heroes who rise about terrible circumstances and do great and wonderful things and it sounds like he was one.

04/01/2012 06:21 AM
centerseeker
centerseeker  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Add me to the list of people who are glad you shared this, both because he is interesting and inspirational to read about and because it is good to read about your joy.Smile

04/01/2012 06:29 AM
hypnagogic
hypnagogic  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

I appreciate you sharing your thoughts on this individual. I must admit that I've never heard of him before until this morning. I'll want to do some research on him so that I can learn more. I love to learn!

There are so many 'hidden' individuals, if you will, either past or present, that have made such huge contributions.

Thank you again for sharing this and welcome to Bipolar Support. Cool

04/01/2012 07:01 AM
Dit
Dit  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Hi, thank you for sharing sounds like a story of great inspiration for sure. Welcome to this site, feel free to post wherever you want and to contact any group leader should you have any questions or concerns.

04/01/2012 07:12 AM
norma
normaPosts: 10109
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Thanks for pointing me in this direction....always nice to have a good idea and share it. Glad you are here.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved