MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/30/2012 02:30 PM

feeling so angry

gert51
gert51  

I am feeling so angry and feeling not very good about myself, I feel I put my family through so much and how unfair this is to them.

I used to cut and have tried not to but yesterday I ended up cutting for the first time in a long while and I feel ashamed.Sad

03/30/2012 02:40 PM
pirateprincess421
pirateprincess421  
VIP Member

Welcome gert. I too self injure as a form of anger. I suggest taking away the tools and possibly making a contract with someone for safety. Good luck and I'm sure you will be able to refrain from injuring.

03/30/2012 02:45 PM
gert51
gert51  

My psych Dr. has been asking me for months to bring in my razor blades but I refuse as I feel this is my only form of control, how sad does that sound?

Thank you for responding back to me, feeling just sad and alone right nowSad

03/30/2012 02:47 PM
Joy75
Joy75  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Feeling angry is not a good feeling at all, I'm sorry you are feeling this way. I'm sure your family loves you. Are you on medications so you can become stable? I sure hope so. Life is a lot better with them. Try to be kind to yourself. Some things are beyond your control. I'm not a cutter, but I'm sorry that you ended up doing it. Don't beat yourself up about it. It's done and over with. Try to make a plan for when these feelings come over you to get help. I agree to take away the tools. We are here to support you. We care. Welcome to the group!

03/30/2012 03:00 PM
gert51
gert51  

I am on a lot of medication and as of Dec my mental health team providers declared me bipoalr treatment resistant and suggested ECT, I have not shared this with many people but this seems the place to feel supported and the place to be able to open up.

03/30/2012 03:45 PM
mem7478

sorry you are having a hard time right now. I have the same issues-although I have been much better lately. It is good you are connecting with people here. i think there is a group too for self harm. I think i am even a member amoung many other groups. It is good to have some people you can vent to who understand-it will relieve some of your anger and urge to self harm. Writing in my diary on here helps and having a few people i can pm(personal message) when things are tough really helps. Hope you feel better soon. I have put people i my life through sooo much too-all i can do is take care of myself and try and do better. we have an illness were are not bad people. when i feel i have hurt others now-i try to talk to them about things when i feel better and usually they understand. hugs to you

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved