MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/29/2012 12:58 PM

Sad about pet's

Sandeeegirl

On top of everything b are take them next week to be humanely put down. Why? Why? Why? So we have to pay $5.00 each. Their live's are worth so much more. They are as sweet as dog's are. Wev'e had them almost a yr.

03/29/2012 01:10 PM
Sandeeegirl

I screwed that post up. Our 2 female pet rat's have tumor's and we have to get them put down next week. Low income. Cant afford vet bill's. Don't want them 2 suffer.

03/29/2012 01:22 PM
Light68
Light68Posts: 520

I'm sorry that has happened to your rats, but the tumour will probably cause more pain, my friends dog has just had tumours removed and is not in a good way, it is so sad to watch. Sometimes we have to do what is right for the animal...

03/29/2012 06:46 PM
Sandeeegirl

Thank's we gotta do it on Monday or Tuesday. It is just like giving a family member up.(2 of them) We still got our guinea pig's. We had them first so we will hope they will be ok, for a long time. They do shed (one of them) too much, yr round, so we can at least do an office visit for her, but if they have mange mites, they will both have to be treated at once. I'm going to see if there are any organizations that help disabled people pay for vet visit's.

03/29/2012 06:52 PM
puppyPower
puppyPower  

My puppy (see pic) is 11 this year. I won't be able to get her for a few more months, and I'm missing every day without her. I can totally understand how you feel. Once upon a time ago, we (me and my ex) gave her away because she was being too much trouble to my ex, who was looking for a job. I couldn't handle that, and called the people every minute for 3 hours until we got her back. So I get to go through the loss twice.

I'm sorry you have to go through this. Just remember the loving times you had togeather. They do not judge, and will understand what you have to do. Remember the love and you will make it through.

G

03/29/2012 07:11 PM
Sandeeegirl

Thank's for the understanding about our rat's. Your story about your dog and getting her back after calling the people for 3 hours reminds me of something me and my boyfriend did when we first bought our 2 guinea pig's (3 yrs ago) On an impulse I said to him. Let's go buy a guinea pig from the pet store (excitedly) So we went there and said "Let's get 2 so one wont be lonely if we go somewhere. So we did. then the next day my boyfriend said " Honey, we cant afford these guinea pig's. We have to bring them back" so I gave in with many tears. So for the next 6 days I cried and cried and cried and kept saying " I want our babies back" So, my boyfriend said, "ok, we will make it" I said, "Let's pray that the same guinea pig's are there" So we went into the store, went to the guinea pig area was and there they were. I was so happy! so we bought them back and have had them ever since 2009 in AprilLaughing Laughing Laughing [img]

03/29/2012 08:14 PM
youngfilly
youngfilly  
VIP Member

I understand too, atm I am in a tight position with a dog. I am unemployed so atm my options are move in with the bf until I get a job highly unlikely in this area since I have been looking and interviewing since dec! or move back in with my parents.

The decision maker is my dog. Although my bf has the space, his neighbour in the next unit hates dogs and I think my current position isn't a good enough reason to give up on her, so I am moving back with my parents. I do also have better job prospects in that area too.

My cockatiel in my pic was a tough bugger, almost gave him away because I could see he wasn't happy but then one day he decided against his instinct to let me give him a scratch and almost instantly he changed, although still grumpy he is still happy. I never forced him, he made the choice.

03/29/2012 08:25 PM
Sandeeegirl

I wonder where I can get a drug for the guinea pig's called Ivermectin. I called all the pet stores in town and it seems you can only get it from a veteranarian, and that is only for mange mites. It would seem a vet would have to take a blood sample to see if there is parasite's or mites. A social worker of mine said to get something called.. no pest strip. My bf tried to find it at meijers. (a big super Department store) and couldnt find it. oh I know why!He just told me he only looked in the pet area, and I told him it was supossed to be in the aisle where bug sprays were.

03/29/2012 10:44 PM
youngfilly
youngfilly  
VIP Member

you can call petshops and ask their advice?

03/30/2012 08:27 PM
JennyT

I work in an animal research laboratory that works with rats, and I can say that rats don't do too well with anesthesia, so surgery can be both costly and in vain anyway. It's good that you didn't want them to suffer. I've also owned many rodents, and I know how easy it is to get attached.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved